• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
det6ebNl.jpg

6h1DOSTl.jpg

iK9abvql.jpg

F6od2scl.jpg

1187.gif

First, I gotta join everyone in giving props to wildwing for this incredibe wolverine dye - just amazing...:clap::D:thmbup:

In other news I went in a freezing river for 3 free discs over the weekend, so that was fun. :|

This is the yellow Star TL I pulled out. I did 3 layers of brainwave with red, blue, and purple, trying to go for like a brainwave tye-dye...I wanna try with a white disc and some brighter colors, but I like it.

Attachments

• 0324142033.jpg
    0324142033.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 83
Thanks guys! I was pretty stoked all weekend for getting props from the Dye Jedis (Je-dyes?)here.

It still felt unfinished to me so I went against my better judgment and tried to replicate the gray that the vinyl had. Learned that iDye Silver Grey = Purple Yam color. No bueno.

Went with black instead and ended up with this.
f6XJkuul.jpg

ill never post in this thread again, let alone my two piss poor x-men dyes, after that mouth watering wolvie dye job :clap::thmbup:

Yeah, I don't post my work here anymore either. My relatively simple stencil stuff just doesn'tstand up to the great work being done these days. But I still check in every day to stay in touch. Still the greatest thread ever!

Thanks guys! I was pretty stoked all weekend for getting props from the Dye Jedis (Je-dyes?)here.

It still felt unfinished to me so I went against my better judgment and tried to replicate the gray that the vinyl had. Learned that iDye Silver Grey = Purple Yam color. No bueno.

Went with black instead and ended up with this.
f6XJkuul.jpg

I like it a lot. Very nice work. I think the addition works very well.

ill never post in this thread again, let alone my two piss poor x-men dyes, after that mouth watering wolvie dye job :clap::thmbup:

Yeah, I don't post my work here anymore either. My relatively simple stencil stuff just doesn'tstand up to the great work being done these days. But I still check in every day to stay in touch. Still the greatest thread ever!

A pox on both your houses.

Post em! That's what this thread is for! It's not a competition --- that's for Okthrowberfest!

Post em! That's what this thread is for! It's not a competition --- that's for Okthrowberfest!

Agreed. I like seeing everyone's dyes. My dyes aren't even in the same league as the best around here but that hasn't stopped me.

depending on how my day goes at work, I may be making two new dyes tonight.

Yeah, you're right, I guess. This is for one of our club members who's "going pro". We're partially sponsoring him and this is a gift. Unfortunately, the disc that was bought was an x-out because of a rough spot right in the center, causing the small bleed, and part of the x is showing. Oh, well.

Koogs is back! I totally dug that 311 dye you did a while back. I love those "transitional" dyes.

ok, ok ya twisted my arm... heres another wu tang buzzz, I've sort of made a name w these. its my 6th one and I've gotten two more orders today from posting it... and then there is this mantis experiment, i hate, but it got a ton of love on my page and instagram...

Attachments

• wutangbuzzz6.jpg
    wutangbuzzz6.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 126
  • mantisgreen.jpg
    mantisgreen.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 153
Wow, I'm gone a few weeks and Bam!! Some awsome work posted! Wildwing, the shading on wolverine blows me away. Supurb job.

In unrelated news, I am all moved in to my new house and should being dying discs again soon. Just in time for spring!

Hey wild, are you airbrushing anything on that wolverine dye?
No sir. Straight up hand paint with a brush. I probably would've saved hours if I had an airbrush. Definitely would've looked a lot cleaner.

Status
Not open for further replies.