• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you using, clear contact paper? Use a credit cards edge to press the paper down to ensure no air pockets.

My Latest efforts, 2 star dart putters...

10175046_527930130643162_4576850829279986445_n.jpg

Both excellent, love that Calvin & Hobbes. And praise be to his noodly appendages, RAmen.

What are you using, clear contact paper? Use a credit cards edge to press the paper down to ensure no air pockets.

Yes using clear contact paper and using credit cards to press even after I cut out stencil I rub edges with card. Granted the bleeding isn't as bad as when I started but just enough to get on my nerves. Not real big deal I do it for personal use but I'm also wanting to get better and put out good work

Good good. Also, give special attention to the areas that there was a stamp. I've done disc where the stamp actually caused a slight groove per se. This area needs to be pressed down on a little extra to ensure no areas for running. Just a thought

Know what you mean bout stamp luckly most disc I'm messing with right now are f2s so just little stamp area. Spend time lining up stencil to were stamp was to either get most of it or as little as possible in dye area for that purpose. All still trial and error

Yes using clear contact paper and using credit cards to press even after I cut out stencil I rub edges with card. Granted the bleeding isn't as bad as when I started but just enough to get on my nerves. Not real big deal I do it for personal use but I'm also wanting to get better and put out good work

Clear contact paper works and some have excellent results. But I had to switch to Orcal 631 clear. I hardly ever get a bleed unless it's a disc with a high dome and the design goes near the edge of the disc.

Also when applying the disc to the mask. I hold the disc over the mask and press down in the middle of the disc just enough to get the mask to stick. I hold the disc upside down with the mask hanging underneath. Now I use the card to smooth out the mask from the center to the edges. This will eliminate large air bubbles and help reduce bleeds dramatically.

Diabolicum, I know I'm not the only one who would welcome a walkthrough or picture tutorial of your techniques for creating these great organic background dyes!

Triforce of Courage

Picking up a turntable today in order to place colored lines around the outside edge. Almost done!

10612910_10102198313988208_2362581453713316202_n.jpg

Been messing around with spin dye since I hooked up a dimmer switch to my box fan. This is my favorite so far. I just acquired some clear and white discs so expect more soon.

This is on a Star Aviar. The big gray spot is an asphalt scuff that refused to come out.
image.png

Been messing around with spin dye since I hooked up a dimmer switch to my box fan. This is my favorite so far. I just acquired some clear and white discs so expect more soon.

This is on a Star Aviar. The big gray spot is an asphalt scuff that refused to come out.

One suggestion for the road rash (if you haven't already tried) is the magic eraser. Works wonders, even on discs!

I really appreciate the positive feedback and the interest towards my dyes you people give. But I have to be a little party spoiler and decline on making a detailed tutorial. It took me quite a while to find the methods on doing what I´m doing and therefore I don´t want just hand everything out. I can give hints and tips, but there are many little things that affect on the result... you would not believe. Just try things out, some discs must be sacrificed that is inevitable :)

I really appreciate the positive feedback and the interest towards my dyes you people give. But I have to be a little party spoiler and decline on making a detailed tutorial. It took me quite a while to find the methods on doing what I´m doing and therefore I don´t want just hand everything out. I can give hints and tips, but there are many little things that affect on the result... you would not believe. Just try things out, some discs must be sacrificed that is inevitable :)

Totally understand..keep up great work after my hunting trip this weekend I'm gonna sacrifice my putter and see what I come up with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts