• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing real special but my champ mako3 isn't just blank nemore

Attachments

• IMG_20141023_093051.jpg
    IMG_20141023_093051.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 67
Got bored tonight and decided I'll dye another disc. Wasnt sure what to do, couldnt think of what to use or how I wanted to do it. So I decided to color the stamp of my Opto Claymore. I used some gun metal iDye to color the sword, and it didnt work too well but it was there. Decided it needed something else... some shaving cream would be alright. I had to literally squeeze the can of barbasol to get the last bit of SC out and it was runny and watery. Said screw it, it'll probably come out lookin like ass but oh well. Sprinkled some red iDye on and mixed it around. Added a tiny bit more shaving scream and spread it through to add some white back in. few drops of acetone in to speed things up. dropped my dayglow green Opto Claymore on top and figured, here goes nothing.

Much to my surprise:
FC4C41EC-F5E7-446B-ABDF-22DEC415BC33_zpspqensnks.jpg

I also went over the cross with blue sharpie prior to all this.
0143A6CD-E190-4E3C-A8F2-AAAC50D4A789_zpshirovg4w.jpg

For those Metallica fans... It reminds me of the Reload album cover. The bubbles in the shaving cream gave it a cool effect I think

Thanks alot Eric and that disc you did looks pretty sweet. I'll have more of the deer heads and such soon I'm goin to try a blue marble effect with deer head on my blue star eagle next hope it comes out good

Thanks alot Eric and that disc you did looks pretty sweet. I'll have more of the deer heads and such soon I'm goin to try a blue marble effect with deer head on my blue star eagle next hope it comes out good

If you ever have any discs you're looking to trade/sell, I'd be interested in working something out if you were to dye something like that on it.

I will keep that in mind Eric alot will depend on my work on how much dyeing I get done but I'm sure we can work something out down the line once I get moving on them..still new to this dyeing stuff so never know what end results may be

For sure, Right now I basically have jars of basic idye poly above my stove in the cupboard, and some small bottles of acetone mixed dye laying around. I have been wanting to experiment a bit, but don't want to ruin any discs. Time to go pickup some blanks i guess.

i also learned that acetone easily takes the dye stains out of the bathroom sink lol.... sometimes its a good thing my girlfriend does overnight shifts lol.

i also learned that acetone easily takes the dye stains out of the bathroom sink lol.... sometimes its a good thing my girlfriend does overnight shifts lol.

Acetone has it advantages....acetone is also why I save my pickle jars or whatever is made of glass... (don't throw glass jars away never know when you might need a disposable cup)

once again - :thmbup:

Thanks once again Eric I have 3 more deer heads 1 deer scene and a fish scene I'm planning on. I def have to upgrade to vinyl though the little bleed lines I get are peeing me off but none less I'm getting good practice with the exacto knife..time to also his up factory store running outta plastic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts