• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd gp with contrasting colors from the background, maybe pinks/reds/purples.

I'd gp with contrasting colors from the background, maybe pinks/reds/purples.

I considered that route also...what do you think if I maybe just did orange or orangeish-yellow around just the sun portion, just outside the eye itself? Then left the rest black and white. I know she prefers cool colors.

She's actually happy with it now...This is just my OCD acting up :D I may end up just leaving it then doing a brand new one for me...i'll see

I think it would look cool with yellow for the sun portion and the rest a light orange fading to darker almost red at the outside/fingertips. Just my $.02 since you asked. Cool dye no matter what.

I think it would look cool with yellow for the sun portion and the rest a light orange fading to darker almost red at the outside/fingertips. Just my $.02 since you asked. Cool dye no matter what.

Thanks man!! I like the idea...I'll run it by the (new) old lady and see what she thinks.

I am considering adding more colors into inside of the hand portion.
Any suggestions for colors from my fellow dye masters?

resizedHamsaHand_zps926di9js.jpg

If I was given this disc and told to color in the white space, I would probably do a solid orange around the eye, and a pink plastic bag dye on the rest.

But whatever you do or do not, sweet dye. How'd u get that bubbly look on the background?

If I was given this disc and told to color in the white space, I would probably do a solid orange around the eye, and a pink plastic bag dye on the rest.

But whatever you do or do not, sweet dye. How'd u get that bubbly look on the background?

Thanks man! and thanks for the suggestion...also Good question ;)...My first time trying it but I actually mixed a little bit of laundry detergent in with my shaving cream...Some in the dye/sc mix and some in the base as well...I noticed it didnt foam up near as much as usual while setting but it did create that interesting bubble effect...I gave it almost 36 hours in the dye plate.

Note- the bubbles could be partly/mostly from the cheap shave cream i was using. I usually use barbasol but I've been using meijer brand on my last couple sc dyes.

It's too cold to play, even in Birmingham Alabama --- why aren't we seeing more dyes people?!?!
:p:p:p

Here is my most recent powder dye. I used a slightly different method and absolutely loved the results. Instead of creating a bed, then powdering the bed and placing the disc face down into, I reversed the order. I set the disc down, then added powder, then poured the shaving cream soup over the top of it.
10945635_10204715681787716_9142770547296990179_n.jpg

10952414_10204715160814692_1656098482745298532_n.jpg
What type of powder dye is that?

If that's iDye Poly, I'd guess that's an expensive amount of dye in those containers

If that's iDye Poly, I'd guess that's an expensive amount of dye in those containers

I'd guess that all the powder in the containers with the discs is worth about 75¢.....quite a bit on the counter, but dye is pretty cheap

No idea, but I'd be very surprised if it is not idye Poly, which is only like $3.50 for a 1/4 oz packet. That is more than it sounds like - even those containers can't be more than 2 packets.

I posted this in the VIP lounge today.... just a conversation starter:

"DTP should be on the dye Mt. Rushmore (along with Jeff Ash, Dan Howard, and BennetUA... could possibly squeeze Wondernut in there)."

Any other votes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts