• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is some of your best marbling, IMO. It reminds me of something, but I can't quite put my finger on it... :clap:

Couple of commissioned jobs last night. Maybe one of these nights I'll get to put a dye in my bag :|
20121205_075223.jpg

20121205_075248.jpg

And my first commissioned job from somebody I don't know on my facebook page
20121204_231826.jpg

Here are the dyes I've managed to finish in the past week or two.

Soft Neutron Ion:
UB2A3l.jpg

Neutron Vector:
cHftUl.jpg

Neutron Volt:
Ln80Bl.jpg

Glow Champ Roadrunner:
03j5Cl.jpg

They were done with a mix of iDye and Rit colours, and only the hair on Iggy Koopa there was done with shaving cream, otherwise the colours are all dipped.

And since I brought it up, I'll ask the experts here: would it be worth it to try to match my lines and try to paint/pipe shaving cream dye onto the hair to darken the colours? I have only gone back to a shaving cream marble and tried to add on top of it once. It didn't end too well, but I was doing red over top of different colours so I don't know what to expect layering the same colours.

Thanks in advance, I really appreciate all the advice/experiences/anecdotes I've read in this forum in the year or so that I've been lurking.

looking good guys.. one of these days ill take the time to learn how to do this

@Dan .. yeah those are just plain ole nasty.. blows my mind what you are able to do :eek:

First try with Idye

This is a Christmas present for my dad. I started using idye with this one and the blue almost got too dark, I was lucky I remembered reading somewhere that idye takes really fast. A few small bleeds, most of them are really left
over stamp that i couldn't get off. It was a pretty lame custom stamp as far as stamp removal is concerned. Overall I'm happy with it. Not sure why it's upside down...

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 93
I need to start giving myself more time... I ordered these discs on black Friday[Nov. 23] just to have something to dye over the winter, a couple hours later I found out 'the dyeing for a cause' deadline had been extended. It's was Sunday night[Nov.25] before I started looking for images. Pics were emailed to Hazy Shade and the discs were in the mail by noon Friday[Nov.30]. Both discs and 15 others,some from this forums dyeing greats are up for CHARITY auction here http://www.hazyshade.com/auction/index/
picture.php

picture.php

"Who's Away"-Rhudolp,Blitzen,Clarice and the Bumble

^^ I agree! I think that one is the best in the contest. Bazinga is nice too. I may have to secretly bid them both up to fair market value:D;):hfive::p

I got a few different "Bazinga" images saved, but you beat me to it. Now I'll look like a copycat. :wall::)

Status
Not open for further replies.