• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experimenting! I really hope the idye I have on the way will get some brighter colors.

firstexperament.jpg

Just thought I would share here..... the entries for the Dyeing for a Cause dye contest at Hazy Shade Disc Golf have been posted on their Facebook page. If I were more internet savvy I would share a link, but for those of you on facebook you can just search for hazy shade and see some cool dyes. All of the discs will be auctioned off for charity.

Thanks for asking that question! I was actually wondering the same thing myself and was wanting to post the same question

Awesome way of breaking it down. That is a good baseline to sell disc. I can't wait until I can achieve some better dye's myself.

I also upcharged another $5 if the stencil was relatively complicated...

Rob, welcome aboard, glad to have another LHBH on this forum :D

Dan, that MVP marble job has to be one of your best, and that's saying something. The combo of blues is...well, let's just say I stared at it until I was dizzy.

Great work all, keep it up!

Sure looks clean Lopan, great colors too, Rit rocks :D

Thanks, after almost a year-long hiatus, I managed to only mess up a few little things! :thmbup:
And yes...turns out, RIT in a mason jar still works after a spring/summer/fall in the crawlspace! I was worried I'd have to re-make all my dyes...which would :wall:

I also upcharged another $5 if the stencil was relatively complicated...

Good point. I haven't had that issue yet because it is hard for me to cut the vinyl that small and get it to look decent. Hopefully the vinyl I just bought will stick to the paper a little better.

A glo nuke I've had around for a while, guess I'm working on a theme... There was supposed to be red marbling in the middle but all I got were a couple of red dots :eek:

glonukesDSC_2637.jpg

These discs with the blue shaving cream dyes are amazing, Dan. Excellent work.

Well my dye #3 became victim to bleeding. I was fine with the way the marbling turned out considering it was my first time, but I just hurried too much with the vinyl. Never again will I rush through a dye job. :doh:

Attachments

• IMG_20121205_121355.jpg
    IMG_20121205_121355.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 85
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts