• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
282832_377146635711483_1543368614_n.jpg
Just got done with this Z Force. Probably one of my cleanest so far.

Hold crap! Dan used one of mine. Well, two kind of. Looks like a chilled out version of my hypnotoad from a while back. Everyone on here is more than welcome to use my stuff for their own discs as they please.

Thanks.

I forgot that was you who posted that wild hypnotoad but I've been wanting to do one since I saw it. Thanks for for being inspirational and easy going about it Pacanova!

Make sure to give it a good, long, cold rinse before hitting it with Goo Gone.

cold rinse eh??? good looking out i always rinse with super hot water.

all the skull dyes lately is making me want to dye again!! Thanks again everyone for this great thread!!

Cold rinse helps set the dye in the plastic (the way a freezer chill does), while a hot rinse will basically rinse off some of the 'excess' dye. Personally? I rinse with some hot water, partially for the dye, partially to make vinyl easier to remove, then stick it in the freezer overnight.
I think of it in terms of molecule transport and diffusion....which could be totally wrong, and simply be a figment of my engineering brain...

Another Lebowski themed dye I did for a friend for x-mas. Orange wasn't taking well in dip so I used a little acetone/dye paint hence the bleed on the !!.
560634_420375291368929_1180369606_n.jpg

"I'm not bad, I'm just dyed that way."
Rookie mistake. Should have been black then red then oange tints. but for some reason i cut the dark orange before the red...went back remasked and dyed red over...but forgot the red would make the black a lot darker....clearly....wondering if there is a fix for this other than re-dyeing the black....
550605_422179484521843_1416678430_n.jpg

Glow Wriath
425529_4412650467058_1616296320_n.jpg

Also a question. How do you guys keep your stencils from peeling up? Specially along the edge of the disc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts