• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't thought about that song for years. Does it sing "Do you really want to hurt me?" to the trees?

Here's the first part of my Moe Zone.
2012-03-09213142.jpg

looks good so far. interested to see how it looks with the neon around it.

Thanks! I do have both inkscape and gimp2. I just really don't know how to do much on them. I know gimp much better than inkskape.
If you want to get yourself some familiarity with inkscape's ways before ending up with a stack of layers, this guide's pretty short and sweet.

This one was an idea I came up with for the Ion while sitting around wanting to dye something. Hand drew the whole desgin, I think it turned out pretty good. Got kinda pissed that the red bled around the edge...right where the Black rubber is attached to the disc plastic -_- oh well tho.
Ion.jpg

Really like the way this Rhino came out on my Champ Rhyno, looks almost identical to the pic I used.
Rhyno.jpg

Posted these with some others in the Cool Dye Combinations as well.

Dye request for Someth1ng. A true putter for winter weather.
Medium Ion
IMG00429-20120312-2357.jpg

ND, that is just magnificent work. Remember the original thread and thinking "That is going to be HARD to get a good likeness". But you did it. :thmbup:

Very nice work, ND!

^---- this, yeah. Glad I went back and caught up the ones I had missed. Northern stepping it up, bravo.:hfive:

Thanks guys, know what you mean maansmit, I am surprised at my production this week all things considered. Got my last job in the sc right now. Good too because all this new undyed plastic I have is mocking me.

my first commisioned disc!!! hand paint technique on some.....shaving cream marbling tech. on the base....did it for a co-worker...his metal band's logo!! he absolutely loved it!! p.s. the center of the f and the o kinda floated away...didn't notice till i rinsed today!! oh well he's happy and now people are paying me to enjoy my art!!! hahaha stoked!!:thmbup:disc dye 6.jpg

Glad to see we are on the same page...almost anyway....
Destroyer also for a friend...lol
Destroyer.jpg

nice!

i did another transformer for myself yesterday, came out nice. face got messed up but o well, the rest looks g! tried to do a lil orange/yellow sc around it which you can barely see... wasnt sure if it would turn out because of the disc color but said what the hec why not

overall pretty happy with the dye

2012-03-13_18-10-27_914.jpg

2012-03-13211416.jpg

First dyes with iDye...the one on the left was originally chartreuse, and the one on the right was white. Champ Classic Rocs.

Couple more I got done yesterday. First is a star wraith for a commission, second is another Anode for my bag.
IMG00441-20120313-2154.jpg

IMG00447-20120313-2223.jpg

and that's David Gilmour, not Kurt Cobain like my wife kept saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.