• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
nd...awesome again!! here's my ape on an ape...in case you didn't see it in dye combinations....disc dye 8.jpg are some of these small bubbles i'm getting from the dye being too hot?

It's inevitable when you lay down the disc that air will get under there, or steam may cause spots not to readily take the dye. I dip it in then lift the disc back out and move it around so everything gets coated, then I lay it back in. Champ is also really easy to detect these air pockets before dyeing. All that said your dye could also be too hot.

IMG00447-20120313-2223.jpg

and that's David Gilmour, not Kurt Cobain like my wife kept saying.

No problem here---I saw Gilmour right off. Beautiful! :thmbup:

It's inevitable when you lay down the disc that air will get under there, or steam may cause spots not to readily take the dye. I dip it in then lift the disc back out and move it around so everything gets coated, then I lay it back in. Champ is also really easy to detect these air pockets before dyeing. All that said your dye could also be too hot.

i find that if you kinda slide the disc in rather than setting it on top it helps control the bubbles alot. since i startes sliding them in the dye i havent had a bubble

I love checking this thread ~ I just noticed NorthernDisc's avatar ~ great aoxomoxoa dye!

Man I figured you would have been the first one to comment on that one!

Thanks ohtobediscing, I'm glad someone else could see it right away...pretty famous image of Gilmour.

I have also tried the slide it in method Austin, but I still found small bubbles here and there.

Last edited:
I did a couple more last night on some soft anodes. I have been holding off on throwing them till I got a chance to Dye them for over a week and it has been driving me nuts so I finally got to it last night.
421366_10151403729045545_828290544_22970721_588393843_n.jpg

And my first 3 color. 3.5 if you count the mouth. Remasking was less of a PITA than I had expected.
422544_10151403751505545_828290544_22970771_1462095001_n.jpg

a set commissioned for friend of a friend. two glow champ valks and an orange champ valk.

Attachments

• mudder b.jpg
    mudder b.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 118
  • mudder o.jpg
    mudder o.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 96
  • mudder w.jpg
    mudder w.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 101
Status
Not open for further replies.