• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thx Zenbot, I knew I'd seen that somewhere before. I met a guy when I was in Germany in 1978, Van Halen was playing in Frankfurt and he said something to the effect of "they've played in my backyard, why would I pay to see 'em here?". Now I'm curious, they ever play in your DAD'S backyard???

:p

Sweet dyes, Klondike luv the marbling on the xCal, and Dude that is a great marching band disc, the trombones kick a$$! Hang it on the wall 'cuz you know that's gonna disappear in 50' of fresh mowed fairway!

New to the thread

I have been dying for about 6 months now. I have learned much from youtube and these threads. Thank you all for contributing your knowledge. I would be embarrassed to show you my earliest dyes so I'll show you some of the ones I'm proud of. Note: I'm having issues posting the pictures. I'll experiment with this. -K, I think I figured it out.

Attachments

• 0007.jpg
    0007.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 123
  • Disconnected Discgolf circle.jpg
    Disconnected Discgolf circle.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 100
  • More pics 015.jpg
    More pics 015.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 119
my most detailed dye yet, makes me want to buy a plotter!

IMG_20121215_013816_505_zpsa216b7f3.jpg

I have been dying for about 6 months now.

Sorry.
Guess we all gotta go someday...
But seriously folks, your 'trees' disc is astonishing. That sort of quality work makes me scared of dyeing.
-ba-dum-bump!

Early Christmas Gift

I got this as an early gift from my roommate! I love it!

Attachments

• 20121216_221435.jpg
    20121216_221435.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 73
^^^ Lookin' Good GH

This may surprise you to hear that someone that's in a SUPER mainstream sport like disc golf and is also into the widely publicized and well know hobby of disc dyeing could have been involved in something as potentially "uncool" as Marching Band.
picture.php

By far my most time consuming dye yet. Going straight in the bag... hopefully it's not TOO tough to find.:D

love the camo... just needs an orange clemson paw on there and im sold

I came up with this simple design to cover up the worst stamp removal ever. Never thought I'd have trouble with a black stamp on Star plastic. The black came off, but left a very dark gray ghost stamp which wouldn't come off even with vigorous scrubbing.
P1030213_zps7c0145af.jpg

P1030208_zpsd6bce717.jpg

^ that's black stamps for ya. Even Innova is tough to get a black stamp completely off, especially a white disc.

In other news, I'm looking for a white Star Archon, hopefully with a stamp that is not black. PMs. :D

I came up with this simple design to cover up the worst stamp removal ever. Never thought I'd have trouble with a black stamp on Star plastic. The black came off, but left a very dark gray ghost stamp which wouldn't come off even with vigorous scrubbing.

I'm familiar with that nasty black stamp, funny thing is that on mine the Innova part wiped clean, go figure...

stardssDSC_2383.jpg

just did this on a Star Valkyrie, the stamp came off fine with no real ghosting, I did notice that as i was removing the stamp there was a silver stamp under it though.

IMG_20121219_145110_654_zps09d37136.jpg

Yeah, if the silver stamp is underneath, you're ok, mine was black right on the disc and it soaked right into the plastic, apparently.

^^Have found the same to be true. Black stamps are usually bad news as far as removal goes. Even if they are not burned in deep black is the worst. Silver and gold stamps are always by far the easiest to remove. Most other colors seem to be some kind of pigment or dye over the top of the silver or gold part. That pigment will discolor your disc if you don't get it picked up quickly enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.