• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
trying to work on monochrome dip dying... I keep dying them too long :/ supposed to be 3 shades. Chest and top of the head and light stripes on the tail, dark stripes on the tail and black everywhere else. Added my pdga # and a star because I wanted to lol.

c045172c780a11e2940222000a1fbd52_7.jpg

Thought I'd give the stained glass a try, and Zelda is awesome.

Attachments

• image (1).jpg
    image (1).jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 159
Yup, loved the color palette on that vector also, great work mpacker!

Here's a couple going to a local tournament today.

starsidewindersunsetpicsDSC_3320_zps39bf5028.jpg

Attachments

• star aviar sunset sDSC_3332.JPG
    star aviar sunset sDSC_3332.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 103
  • star wraith sunset sDSC_3309.JPG
    star wraith sunset sDSC_3309.JPG
    103.5 KB · Views: 127
  • MVP Amp sDSC_3187.JPG
    MVP Amp sDSC_3187.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 142
Thanks guys, I know I'm miles away from a lot of the stuff on here.
Dan, those are amazing. That Aviar has some of the sweetest brainwaves I've ever seen. If you're at liberty to say, how do you get those colors?

This is my second attempt at Perry. The disc is actually much greener. I think this one looks pretty good and I'm happy with it.
1zm32wg.jpg

Snidely Whiplash on a Stalker - seemed appropriate:

598601_4387914103295_1633305560_n.jpg

My Avenger got new ink - first time trying the painting technique:

223276_4393888212644_2058924299_n.jpg

would like to do a "spin" circles along the outer edge but need to find a box fan.

Last edited:
This is an awesome thread! This is my second dye (I've only done 3 so far), and hopefully I will have more to come! Guess what type of disc it is ;)

tGDrgUM.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

kc pro dyeable?

i just bought a white kc pro aviar with the intention of dying it predomiantly black with a small design in the middle using rit. after reading a forum someone claimed that kc pro plastic does not take dye well. is this true? sharpie? or alternate dye? help!

apologize if im on the wrong thread. im very new to this forum and noticed other dye related ones have been dormant

i just bought a white kc pro aviar with the intention of dying it predomiantly black with a small design in the middle using rit. after reading a forum someone claimed that kc pro plastic does not take dye well. is this true? sharpie? or alternate dye? help!

Someone correct me if im wrong as i have not tried to dye kc pro, but I'm pretty sure kc pro does not take dye, and if it does it will blur quickly (if its a simple design you may be alright). Here is a link for a butt load of dying info. :thmbup: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44805 There is a thread in the link that discuses which plastics can be dyed and how well they dye.

kc pro dyeable?

thanks copter.
found this gem at www.discgolfersr.us
Anyone know how it was done? there are no details on site. just an image. one might assume that it was a special release or something? anyone?...anyone?....anyone....?

Attachments

• blackKCAv.jpg
    blackKCAv.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 95
Jeeebus, this took so long to line the teeth up right after I cut em. lol.

I think it turned out okay, I love dying comets, big diameter = MORE DYE!
b24f10b67a6511e29b7122000a1f9a64_7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts