• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banksy dye on my z zone. :D
ca08aa827a6f11e2b39c22000a1f8adc_7.jpg

mine for the day
a couple bleeds but i cant complain overall, this is for my Jesus/Christ/white dye bag
0219132125_zps0b4cf691.jpg

Nice disc sugarnot!

I know getting circles close to the edge are a b!tch and I suck at it, I wonder if it would be better to hand cut those outer circles and the connecting lines between them on the disc after the vinyl is laid down. A circle cutter with a twin blade set up would make it pretty simple.

Nice disc sugarnot!

I know getting circles close to the edge are a b!tch and I suck at it, I wonder if it would be better to hand cut those outer circles and the connecting lines between them on the disc after the vinyl is laid down. A circle cutter with a twin blade set up would make it pretty simple.

thanks Dan, this is a big complement coming from you. The thing with all of it is that it was a plotter cut stencil that I got from freezermink, so I guess as you said those outer circles could be hand cut instead, then u run into the problem of a circle cutter large enough. Kinda a catch 22 either way. I almost wonder if it would be better to do something like a mixed method that part of it is stencil, part of it is painted with your circle method, etc. Nonetheless, its much better than my first attempt at it I did a couple months ago.

Thanks everyone for the complements though.

" I know getting circles close to the edge are a b!tch"

I cheat. I cut the vinyl so its total circumference is barely smaller than the disk itself. this will create a tiny small black border around the disc and you could mask off the edge with a little rubber cement if you really wanted to, but I like doing it like this because then I don't have to fold the vinyl over on the back of the disc, creating those small little wrinkles at the edge that causes bleeds.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts