• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are some of the most beautiful and consistent shaving cream dyes I've seen.

Good to have you Dustee, welcome to the addiction!

Yep, and I've got to admit that the ones on the pearly and colorshift gold line plastic made me drool a little. Gorgeous work! :clap:

Here's a new design I've used lately. Calling it "Firebird Snowflake"

Attachments

• 1625710_10152578088177564_532794336_n.jpg
    1625710_10152578088177564_532794336_n.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 105
Like every Vibram disc I have done a stencil on, this bled a little, but not terribly. The outline bled, and the tye dye bled upwards a bit. I really think the contact paper doesn't hold on vibram as well.

Regardless, this my go to putter once the season starts.

Attachments

• 0202142142.jpg
    0202142142.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 157
Almost put these in the "first dyes" thread, but had a couple tests (no-go) with what I thought was the older RIT and tested these out on a couple throwers to get an idea of color and timing.

Top was shaving cream, bottom was plastic bag....Quick Coat worm dye blue and pink

Top is light green Fuzion Trespass, bottom is yellow Bio Renegade

Thanks to everyone in this subsection....lots of helpful info here to get me brave enough to attempt these

A6E0914C-3D6D-4EE3-9651-E60FF82C8210_zpsyw0fuqyl.jpg

Heres a few I did in the last week...Nothing too exciting. Working mostly on other peoples old plastic. Just playin around

Prodigy F2, 400 series, Fingers Crossed

Prodigy F2, 400 series, Fingers Crossed

Had to make a vid to show how clear it is through the hand :)

12307494654_1a640a1f8d.jpg

Also, I have a question about spin dyes since my new supply of dye will be here soon and I will finally have a spin rig up and running.

Once you have a fna converted, how do you actually hold the disc on there? didn't see that mentioned in the other thread.

Thanks.

Also, I have a question about spin dyes since my new supply of dye will be here soon and I will finally have a spin rig up and running.

Once you have a fna converted, how do you actually hold the disc on there? didn't see that mentioned in the other thread.

Thanks.

Here's what mine looks like. I basically got a piece of plexiglass duck taped and centered on the middle of the box fan (i cut the blades off). I then use ducktape on about 4 sides to hold the disc in place. As you can see in the pic, I keep a yardstick at the bottom of the setup for centering my disc. I kind of use one eye and make sure I see as little variance as possible to ensure a centered disc, basically eyeballing the edge of the disc as it rotates lining up with my yardstick below. Hopefully that makes sense.

Well here's my latest...Pretty happy with it. Went from being happy with it, to messing it up, and then making it pretty cool again. Being a perfectionist sucks sometimes! :gross: Think it came out pretty cool though. Trying out a little combo action on this Legacy Ghost. Its a disc my bro found. It was kind of bent so its gonna end up being a wallhanger.

Just finished this simple dye. Giving this one as a reward to a person that returned one of my favorite discs that I left on the course. Call those #s people. You never know.:D

image_zps74cebf49.jpg

Peace,
-Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts