• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been having fun making these little vids, even if I can't get squat for value out of them on the My Face :doh: :wall: :\

Keep em coming! I watch em all.:D

Since we are still at risk of no new dyes today, here's a pink Basic Prodiscus Midari Nebula dye I did this weekend. I'm not sure why I like it, but I do. It's iDye gun metal, violet, and crimson.

Attachments

• 0216142244b.jpg
    0216142244b.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 78
I haven't done many lately, but I just got done with one. Looks pretty sweet when it spins :D Was kind of a pain in the ass to do (at least the spinning on vinyl part), but Im pretty happy with it. My new factory 2nd valk for my bag! Go away snow!

^Dope :D

Two questions:

Did you do all the lines, black and color, at the same time, or did you let it sit inbetween?

After you are done with the circles, how long are you waiting before rinsing it off?

^Dope :D

Two questions:

Did you do all the lines, black and color, at the same time, or did you let it sit inbetween?

After you are done with the circles, how long are you waiting before rinsing it off?

I did most of them at the same time or at least in sequence. I sometimes let them dry up for a few minutes if im using a dye/detergent mix. Worm dye there is no need. That soaks up way fast. I came back and did a little touch up on the rings once I pulled the vinyl. The vinyl seems to be the biggest challenge so far. At least when laying the lines I find it finicky. Been doing more intermittent dabbing to get even dye lines as much as poss. Then Cleaning them up with a q tip as needed. I will have to keep playing with this technique to see what works best.

Once all my lines were done I let em setup for round 12-16 hrs keepin the disc in a cake pan container with a moist towel in the container. I remove the lid every half hour or so to let the dye dry back up so the lines dont bleed. I posted a pic of my setup a while back in one of the threads. Let me know if curious and ill look it up for you. Eky8 gave me the tip a while back. Works great for setting your dye!

C'mon guys, this is supposed to be the dye a day thread. Almost missed 2 straight days....

*Edit - we did miss 2 days, I forget that the time on the forum is 2 hours ahead of the time in WI.

This is a Premium Prodiscus Legenda. For the outer rim I tried to do an effect I noticed right after getting my spinner - if you just press down with some force with a brush, the bristles spread out making lines much thinner than you could do 1 at a time. I think it worked out pretty well - the lines are black over a layer of green. The second pic shows it closer up.

I hope at least someone that sees this is a fan of VB.

Attachments

• 0220141907.jpg
    0220141907.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 114
  • 0220141909.jpg
    0220141909.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 96
Knocked these out just after the winter storm but didn't post.

ESP Crank:

12748356895_150a493df0.jpg

Champ Tern:

12748485553_6aa70ba34b.jpg

BioFuzion Truth:

12748362495_c48c29a580.jpg

That is ridiculous! I can't make out what is going on in between obviously and you're...???

Been playing around with the quick coat worm dip and the spin setup. Pleased with the results.
29wk9cm.jpg

These are tournament dyemax. With the second one I was hoping to add color to the back but the dyemax started to wipe off. Still cool and I'm throwing this one anyway.
108b4tz.jpg

2ecpvlj.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.