• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started by peeling off the areas I wanted the darkest and actually dipped the first time in a dark blue for 10 mins. Then I rinsed and peeled for my next shade with the iDyePoly red which overwhelmed the blue entirely. Then rinsed and peeled for the next and lightest shade of red which was maybe 3-4 minutes. I hoped that since I didn't re-cover anything it would save time, but the whole thing took around 4 hrs

nope, I used an exacto blade and cut with the contact paper on the disc. I tried to put dots of Elmers glue in the eye for the pupil but I didn't wait for it to dry and then the warm dye let some color bleed. I have used a little dot of hot glue before for an eye and then just flick that off after I'm done dying and it worked well.

nope, I used an exacto blade and cut with the contact paper on the disc. I tried to put dots of Elmers glue in the eye for the pupil but I didn't wait for it to dry and then the warm dye let some color bleed. I have used a little dot of hot glue before for an eye and then just flick that off after I'm done dying and it worked well.

Great job man! KCCO

ESP Crank:

13103722923_cc53123b4f.jpg

Did you come up with this design? It's hilarious.

Walter on a Star Destroyer. I don't know why it got blotchy on his chest. It looks like he's wearing a Hawaiian shirt.

"S.P.H.I.N.X.!" - Shoreleave

G-star Leopard. One of many in what will be a massive VB disc collection some day. More pics in the gstar thread.

Attachments

• 0314142240.jpg
    0314142240.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 94
The Joker

Did this one tonight. My first attempt at multi-color dyes. It's not perfect, but I'm pretty happy with it.

Very nice work! I like the shades of color on the Murray. Where do you get the black and white pics to create the stencil (if you don't mind me asking)?
I think the image I used was either from doing an image search of BFM, or from the website thechive.com. I've had it for awhile because I knew it would be a lot of work.

My first try at a clear disc.
I included picture after dip dying and the second after adding red and yellow by hand.

Attachments

• rose.jpg
    rose.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 96
  • rose2.jpg
    rose2.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 67
Here's a few recent one I've done while laid up with a hip injury. Hulk one is for a buddy, orange one is a Gold Fury and Colorado one is a Moonshine Havoc. Both the Fury and the Havoc are in the bag.

The Havoc was my first glow dye and I got so excited near the end that I didn't smooth my remask down all the way :( but the blue bleed lines aren't too bad and this thing flies like a champion.

Attachments

• P3162033 (2).jpg
    P3162033 (2).jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 71
  • P2272023 (2).jpg
    P2272023 (2).jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 61
  • P2272027 (2).jpg
    P2272027 (2).jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 76
Status
Not open for further replies.