• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to keep having long absences. Here's a few that I've done in that time away.

Charizard disc for an employee at Hazy Shade, the local disc golf store.

Sigmund Freud disc for a retired psychology professor. This disc will be flying in the amateur world nationals next week.

Ode to spring, a disc for my girlfriend. It will go air born at the women's national championships shortly.

Very impressive. Those are awesome.

^^^Indeed! Nice work MClaude!:thmbup:

I really like "Ode to Spring"! That one should score you some good girlfriend points for sure!:D

Peace,
-Jeff

^^^Indeed! Nice work MClaude!:thmbup:

I really like "Ode to Spring"! That one should score you some good girlfriend points for sure!:D

Peace,
-Jeff

It has indeed Jeff. It also happens to be the best performing disc in her bag currently. She's very pleased.

For NumSkul, who had been waiting since before the flooding disaster/mold/move.

314 pieces of weeding and only a couple small bleeds. Not happy with any bleeds, but it was GStar plastic, and to get that design on there perfectly, I had to use some serious elbow grease, so as much as I hate mistakes, I was afraid one or two might pop their ugly heads after weeding a later layer.

Still came out great, and it really pops, looks better in person!

19817520131_ab1b22a3a4_z.jpg

Trying a [new process, others stated calling the first few Galactic....so I keep calling them that. Probably the first Purple https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153907783824196&set=o.506548242730035&type=3
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=495330897286994&set=o.506548242730035&type=3[/IMG]
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154041192239196&set=o.506548242730035&type=3&permPage=1

Would love to see a new style. However, the facebook links are not open to people without access to your page. imgur.com and flickr.com are solid free hosting sites.

Look forward to seeing your progress.

Cheers.

Did some stuff well. Did some other stuff not-so-well.

If I start going into detail I will end up with a massively huge post, so I will just say that overall I am happy with it. I wish I had a second chance at a lot of stuff, but that's how it goes.

I have about 25 pictures throughout the process - if people are interested I can post a full write up in a different thread. Let me know.

The pics below are (1) as far as the first mask took me, and (2) as far as the second mask took me. It was done with only the 1 remask.

picture.php

Attachments

• Clutch3.jpg
    Clutch3.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 88
  • Clutch2.jpg
    Clutch2.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

If I start going into detail I will end up with a massively huge post, so I will just say that overall I am happy with it. I wish I had a second chance at a lot of stuff, but that's how it goes.

I have about 25 pictures throughout the process - if people are interested I can post a full write up in a different thread. Let me know.

The pics below are (1) as far as the first mask took me, and (2) as far as the second mask took me. It was done with only the 1 remask.

picture.php

I would like to read about your process doing this disc. Awesome work!

picture.php

holy crap

Yeah, ummm, this is going to be required for such incredibly detailed dye jobs.

This is going to be up for Dye of the Year. And since we can't seem to garner much interest for the contests other than Okthrowberfest, I'm going to make a Dye of the Year contest happen. Best dyes from this thread for the calendar year go into a vote. Easy enough and no themes to follow.

All in all, this is a brilliant piece of art that will absolutely have a shot at winning said Dye of the Year, and for that we

giphy.gif

picture.php

Uhh...yes please! Just incredible work man!:clap:

Where do you find the time?! This is obviously for your own personal use...or for someone you really must like a lot! :D

This is going to be up for Dye of the Year. And since we can't seem to garner much interest for the contests other than Okthrowberfest, I'm going to make a Dye of the Year contest happen. Best dyes from this thread for the calendar year go into a vote. Easy enough and no themes to follow.

Bennett, an excellent idea (and again) your efforts are appreciated, though after seeing Roggen's dye, I'm willing to bet most dyers will already feel defeated! :D This dye has really raised the bar!

Peace,
-Jeff

Thank you all for the compliments. :D

Yeah, ummm, this is going to be required for such incredibly detailed dye jobs.

OK, I will get on that tomorrow morning. Anyone know how I could post a Powerpoint or something like that? That would be much easier for people to look through than uploading 25 pics 3 at a time....

Where do you find the time?! This is obviously for your own personal use...or for someone you really must like a lot! :D

I don't have nearly as much time to dye as I would like - I started the tracing for this stencil in mid-May, so it took a while.

The funny part is that it is not for me. I did it for a friend because the request was posed like this: "This would probably be too complicated for you to do, huh?"

So obviously, I took that as a challenge that I had to accept. The ones that push the limits of my abilities are always the most fun. And although it went OK, I by no means feel like it was perfect. You will see all the mistakes in the write up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts