• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's so many characters (and organizations) I want to do. Starting with a set of Prodiscus Ultrium discs. They have 10 molds and I'm having difficulty deciding which characters to do. Monarch, Killinger, and Brock are done.

Then 21, Rusty, Hank, Dean, and Orpheus are certainties. That leaves only 2 more discs for like 100 other characters. Leaning towards Phantom Limb and Dr Mrs The Monarch. Suppose I'll start a set of Premium plastic discs after that.

When you get them done can you post the pics as a different thread in the dye sub-forum?

Dr Mrs the Monarch is a must, but which outfit???

When you get them done can you post the pics as a different thread in the dye sub-forum?

Dr Mrs the Monarch is a must, but which outfit???

I can do that, though with 7 (or more if more molds come out) to go...its going to be a while.

I'm thinking I'll do Hank/Dean on one disc to save a disc. Monarch/21 as Blue Morpho/Kano has made my list now. And I keep forgetting Jonas Sr. and all those great characters like Colonel Gentlemen.

As for Dr. Mrs. The Monarchs outfit....idk. Queen Etherea? Lingerie? Guild jacket? Too many choices.

This has got to be the luckiest putter ever designed.

Attachments

• 12790906_10156564777295006_8161135668618703900_n.jpg
    12790906_10156564777295006_8161135668618703900_n.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 143
So. These are my first dyes made today. They are pretty damn bad. But just like Kevin Arnold I learned something today. Gonna add something to the River since its quiet bad... lets see what.

Attachments

• 1457027884000-1491380279.jpg
    1457027884000-1491380279.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 135
Another stencil I finished up. Had some trouble with this one but it is getting closer to trivia so I still had to show it off. Issues in the more intricate places on the back bumper gave me some bleeds and the stamp didn't come up too well but it's mvp so it usually dosent. But none the less here it is.

Ps. Noob question here, all my images seem to turn 90 degrees when I upload/post them to the forums/my personal albums. Is this common or am I just too noobie to have found the fix?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 131
A Legend of Zelda dye that I did on a champion boss yesterday. Not too bad for a hand cut stencil. Does anyone have any pointers on how to take pictures of discs? I had to take it at this angle so light wouldn't reflect off of it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 84
Newest dye. 30% of proceeds are going to the WWP for any WWP disc made. Hope you guys enjoy the eye candy.
-Ben

Attachments

• IMG_0669.jpg
    IMG_0669.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 113
So. These are my first dyes made today. They are pretty damn bad. But just like Kevin Arnold I learned something today. Gonna add something to the River since its quiet bad... lets see what.

Find you a record player and spin dye the outer edges of them. Would clean them up some easily. Bright popping colors.....

First dye

I'm hooked! Thanks to anyone and everyone who has ever contributed to this awesome hobby!

image1.jpg

Sorry don't know why the pic is turned sideways

I haven't posted in awhile but here are some of what I have been working on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 108
Very cool dyes CMC, is that GI Joe yin-yang an original concept of yours or did you see it elsewhere?

Either way :clap: for you sir!

Thank and yes it is an original design I did. I am working on a similar one for the old school Transformers.

I lost my Brock Samson dye in Beaver Dam, WI. It is stuck like 35 ft in a pine, perfectly protected by a ton of branches. It's really wedged in there. We threw things at it for about 30 min and hit it a bunch of times but it never budged. Had a stack of throwaway discs for throwing over water, and got 3 more of them stuck trying to get this dye out. Didn't want to climb because it was windy and wet.

I will be going back on Thursday afternoon to try and get it down again, assuming it doesn't fall. If it does and you find it, or you see anyone with it, you'll get a free dye if you return it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts