• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
image_19.jpg

I couldn't see it either. Trying again

edit: that's better. Thanks for the kind words, guys!

Long time, no dyes!

It seems like forever since I've checked in here. I haven't dyed a disc in quite a while. Other priorities and such. I've taken a quick look around, but I need to spend a good while to check out what I've been missing. Looks great from what I've seen so far!

With the SJ Sharks making the Stanley Cup finals, I felt inspired to do a Sharks dye. Actually did two of the same dye on a River and a Truth. The Truth was on a double stamp and had some bleeding, so I'll just show you all the River. :D

GO SHARKS!

Peace,
-Jeff

Awesome to see you back at it, Jeff.

And also, yes, Go Sharks. See alot of Sharks gear in Madison lately bc of Pavelski.

"Announcing your plans is a good way to hear God laugh." -Al Swearengen

Another disc I have been wanting to do since before I started dyeing. It took me a while to find a good Al quote that didn't have the f or c word in it.

Apologies to Millennium collectors as this was a Brinster USDGC Limited Run of 2,100 Sentinel.

picture.php

Issues with bleeding...

Hi everyone!

I have just started to try some disc dyeing. I´v done couple of spindyes and few stencil dyes.

Now i am curious to know if someone could tell me what is wrong with my stencil technique because im getting lot off these tiny bleeds...
In stencil dye i am using iDye poly with acetone based mixture and brushing it onto disc.
Vinyl that i use is MacMAsk (dont remember exact model)...

Here is my third stencil dye and not happy to result because of bleeds... :wall:

Disc is GStar plastic Aviar and stencil is handcut.

Attachments

• Gstar_Aviar_Hawk.jpg
    Gstar_Aviar_Hawk.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 82
Just dyed the Gears of War & yellow & red disc's last night. The GOW is on a Champion Orc & the other is a Champion Tee Devil. The pink & yellow disc is a Axiom Proxy I dyed today. The one thing that sucked was having to peel all the pieces off of the tee Devil starting them with a pair of tweezers! Does anyone have an easier way to get all the little pieces of vinyl off? Next time I think I'm going to try using the scrubbing part of a sponge.

Attachments

• 20160626_144453.jpg
    20160626_144453.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 20160626_144536.jpg
    20160626_144536.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 20160626_144713.jpg
    20160626_144713.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 30
Newest dyes

I haven't posted in awhile but here are my most recent ones