• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part III)

First Dye

Simple try for first dye used Rit Dyemore on prime Dynamic Disc plastic.

Attachments

• IMG_1220.jpg
    IMG_1220.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 81
I didn't make this---I couldn't possibly make this---but a little while after guiding roggenb3 around Stoney Hill, I found a package stuffed in my mailbox:

IMG_5753.jpg

And the photo really doesn't do it justice.

The silhouette, by the way, is our course logo.

The only flaw is that it's not a Groove.

It's a Sidewinder, so I'll be tempted to throw it.

The only flaw is that it's not a Groove.

It's a Sidewinder, so I'll be tempted to throw it.

Well good, it's always my hope that my dyes get thrown. :hfive:

This was a really fun dye to do, and something I have wanted to try for a while. I was driving around at sunset the night I did it and was trying to recreate the colors that were out that night - pink to orange to green to blue. It ended up being more orange and less green than I wanted, but really, I couldn't have hoped for it to come out any better.

The entire thing, start to finish, took about 5 hours. 3 for the stencil, 2 for the sky. It was 2 hours of layer after layer, with each one left on for between a few seconds and 2-3 minutes.

I started with a base of pylam fluorescent yellow, then the layers were done with iDye Blue, Turquoise, Orange, Pink, Red, and Lilac.

It's crazy how different it looks in David's picture. I'm guessing that was inside light - these are some in sunlight (well, outside light - it was cloudy). It really is a disc that doesn't translate to pictures super well.

Attachments

• Stoney2.jpg
    Stoney2.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 60
  • Stoney3.jpg
    Stoney3.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 53
  • Stoney4.jpg
    Stoney4.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
The maze was not meant for me...

I lost this same dye on a green Leo3 at Steady throwing 3 shots over the water like a dummy. This is the replacement.

Maybe this maze will be meant for me...it's already got an ace on it, pre-dye.

Attachments

• IMG_20180415_162824_7372.jpg
    IMG_20180415_162824_7372.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 74
Sierpinski and shaving cream

I had a little time over the weekend in between questions at the trivia contest. All hand cut.

Attachments

• 7994276B-BFD1-404E-8012-F3281530646C.jpg
    7994276B-BFD1-404E-8012-F3281530646C.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 104
That works too. I know I've seen some dyes where the stamp has been wiped post dye to bring he color of the disc out in the areas the stamp was.

I like that idea. Sounds like a good way to jazz up some XL or BigZ discs.

picture.php

Latest posts