• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part III)

Easter egg... this gets me thinking, have you guys tried using a crayon as a method of putting down what amounts to a stencil that then can be wiped away? I've done this with Elmer's glue straight from the bottle, but I can only imagine that crayon or oil pastel would be more controllable and possibly lead to an very interesting aesthetic.

I have. Its hard to get it marked up correctly on slick plastics. Its hard to see and it wipes off easy, but if one was careful enough, it should work. Mine was a failure as I did not get enough on where I was aiming for.

My next experiment is going to be with a grease pencil.

I bet an oil pastel would work fine... I did not think of that.

Last edited:
I've tried but it was as if nothing was there. I also thought white out pen would be an excellent trick, and that was a fail. Elmer's is still the best thing I've used thus far for anything drawable. I use vasoline and that works great, but that's hard to control with details.

I guess a container of food coloring tinted Elmer's with a set of brushes and water for dilution might be a fun experiment.

The tomb is empty. :thmbup:

So is this thread lately. More like the dye a year thread, amirite!?!?

Anyways, here's my first dye in like, a year. I think since last Okthrowberfest.

For all the jam banders out there.

picture.php

I call it Deadhead's Donuts.

Lol, yeah. I moved to the Facebook dyers page. Much more active. This forum will already have a special place in my heart though.

My goodness. Was that a little piece of vinyl for each tiny bone? How much work was that?

My goodness. Was that a little piece of vinyl for each tiny bone? How much work was that?

Not much really, compared to some others. Maybe 2 hours of cutting? I should have made the hand bones a bit bigger/thicker. I am afraid they will blur out of existence eventually.

After and before

Attachments

• 20190806_180954.jpg
    20190806_180954.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 76
  • 20190730_174038.jpg
    20190730_174038.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 55
One Eagle, one Buzzz

Attachments

• 20190812_203024.jpg
    20190812_203024.jpg