• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part III)

Bob Ross on a Ballista.

I had plans for a more intricate background of pine trees but decided on the simple/clean look.

Bad lighting for the pic. The green looks better in person/sunlight.

picture.php

Just a basic no effort dye to turn this white max into a colorful max

Attachments

• 20200105_144334.jpg
    20200105_144334.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 81
Did some test with using body lotion instead of shaving foam . Didn't have any good tools to paint with so missed some on the edges :) still happy with the result

Attachments

• 1BBCD89E-BC5F-4D60-8674-32E3DD418411.jpeg
    1BBCD89E-BC5F-4D60-8674-32E3DD418411.jpeg
    95.2 KB · Views: 86
Wow it's been quiet round here! Last post was just over 2 months ago. I have a feeling that it's bout to get busy round here. There are a few that i need to put some finishing touches on, but there is a ton of plastic and a binder full of stencil images that I've been meaning to get to. See ya soon

Well i guess there are other things to do during quarantine besides dyeing plastic. I have about a dozen projects to work on, and only a few of them involve dg, but i finally wrapped up this guy for a buddy of mine.

Attachments

• 20200321_093941.jpg
    20200321_093941.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 55
Well i guess there are other things to do during quarantine besides dyeing plastic. I have about a dozen projects to work on, and only a few of them involve dg, but i finally wrapped up this guy for a buddy of mine.

One of my friends painted some Benham patterns on a couple of his discs... I been meaning to take pictures of his first one for months, he repainted the first and made a second this week.

We accuse him of trying to hypnotize us... it kinda works, one does not want to look away. These things are awesome spinning. Look these up on YouTube to see their illusions.

Yes, we know paint is illegal, but he does not play in tournaments. Think how awesome these would look dyed on a cloudy translucent white to get more light flying.

Attachments

• 20200510_155318_001.jpg
    20200510_155318_001.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 20200510_155333.jpg
    20200510_155333.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
"His gaze pierces cloud, earth, and flesh. A Great Eye, lidless, wreathed in flame"
-Saruman

picture.php

Background worked well I thought, dark and spooky but a bit of depth still. Didn't look good till I made it dark, which I did using a very bubbly black water, giving it a little more texture. That said, I expect the background to be a bland mess after things fade and blur.

That's supposed to be a small Mt Doom on the right.

Spaced on making some flame pieces disconnected from the rest. Oh well. Besides that it worked out pretty well.

"His gaze pierces cloud, earth, and flesh. A Great Eye, lidless, wreathed in flame"
-Saruman

picture.php

Background worked well I thought, dark and spooky but a bit of depth still. Didn't look good till I made it dark, which I did using a very bubbly black water, giving it a little more texture. That said, I expect the background to be a bland mess after things fade and blur.

That's supposed to be a small Mt Doom on the right.

Spaced on making some flame pieces disconnected from the rest. Oh well. Besides that it worked out pretty well.
As a huge Lord Of The Rings fan, I love this dye. Almost makes me want to start dyeing discs again.:thmbup:

A few of my dyes. I'm still hand cutting mine. I'd love to get a plotter, but it's not in the cards right now

Attachments

• swan.jpg
    swan.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 38
  • death.jpg
    death.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 40
  • rush1.jpg
    rush1.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 41

Latest posts