• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rolled out a few on Friday:

Z MRV for my boy Alman

IMAG0261.jpg

Champ Boss for Alman

IMAG0260.jpg

Used Halo I got in a trade for me: (tried something new and dyed the underside flight plate)

IMAG0263.jpg

Used Striker for me:

IMAG0264.jpg

I had to keep looking at them to see what it was. I thought I was looking at the under side of the disc, and couldn't figgure out how the image was flat. Then it dawned on me all at once. Just waking up, that's my excuse... and I'm sticking to it.

Well my first attempt at dying is below. From what I've read DX takes dye poorly and it's pretty evident with my results. However I've seen people here do and it it looks okay. I just wanted to add some color to this disc but it still didn't make a huge difference. Initially dipped the disc in Scarlet RIT dye for several hours. Then I just attempted to use the marble method posted here.

165 DX Roc

photofeb06123226pm.jpg

The disc just kinda looks dirty but has an okay textured look. But not what I was hoping for at all.

I will have to get some better plastic to dye.

Thanks BennettUA and Moon. Love your guys work, made me try to do more than simple black stencil style. What's Octhrowberfest? I've heard of and seen a few dyes for it around...

Nice work as always philman, love that halo. Gotta try the underside of the flight plate dye.

picture.php

Just realized this didn't post properly.
Soft Ion done for a friend.

Thanks for the props guys. For any of you going to BG Ams this year I should have a table at the Flymart. Stop by and say HI. I'll be the bald guy with the ink.

picture.php

DX Archangel - Her second dye, dark green came out real dark, but faded to a nice olive green. Lost at The Ranch in Reno, NV

Have you Checked at Archie's Pub? Just south of the course, they have a lost and found...

Love the Classic gaming vibe. I have not dyed a disc yet, but I've ordered vinyl.

I'm going to do some based on my tattoos. I'm posting pics in the Future Dyes thread. :thmbup:

Have you Checked at Archie's Pub? Just south of the course, they have a lost and found...

Love the Classic gaming vibe. I have not dyed a disc yet, but I've ordered vinyl.

I'm going to do some based on my tattoos. I'm posting pics in the Future Dyes thread. :thmbup:

I'll have to check Archie's, haven't been there in a while, didn't see it the last time I was there.

Look forward to seeing your dyes, love the 8bit style.

Here are my first 4 dyes. Red Sox logo on a glow destroyer. Guinness Harp logo on a Monarch. UNC Charlotte 49ers logo on a XL, and a Georgia Tech logo and some marbling on a glo buzzz. All handcut and just using black dye. Hope to start expanding some colors and stuff. Also need to get a swivel exacto, my curves are struggling.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 41
  • XL.jpg
    XL.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 50
  • buzzz.jpg
    buzzz.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 38
Swivel blades are expensive...try this for curves: Hold your blade still, and rotate the disc. Then you don't pull as much, and as a result, don't pull straight lines while trying to cut a wide curve.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll definitely try that for the curves. And there are 3 different shades of green on that 49ers logo but a- you can't really tell in the photo and b- the middle gray and black got a little close to each other in darkness.

This is my fourth dye BUT my first legitimate (i cut out the design and everything) dye... I put an insignia in it with my initials. I like it anyway:

5423536833_7dfa3951b8.jpg

11x Firebird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts