• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
luv that image Stormrider, nicely done!

Guess who's coming to town :D

WPStarValksDSC_7618.jpg

WPstarvalksDSC_7631.jpg

sure wish i woulda caught that O, saw it after the first dip. Whadya do... can't bleach it so ya finish it.

WPStarValksDSC_7618.jpg

WPstarvalksDSC_7631.jpg

sure wish i woulda caught that O, saw it after the first dip. Whadya do... can't bleach it so ya finish it.

Whoa, that marbling on the first dye is wicked! Do you have any other examples of that color scheme marbling?

The two-color Pacific Northwest imagery looks great on a disc. I appreciate the hand-cut lines on those.

Just stunning work of late, all.

Bigman that's sweet, big bold image just jumps out of that soft background! I had a couple of days off and just got a plotter so i'm having big fun! I opened my last can of shaving cream this morning but it doesn't matter, I'm out of discs and I gotta get back to work.

MNcyclone that was the first with red/purple/blue, glad you liked it!

my two most recent, I know they aren't up to the quality of some of the more experienced dyers, but I'm pretty happy with em, definitely feel like I'm getting better with each one. The first is a mother day's present, got my mom and new star aviar, and I tried my first bottom plate dye, don't think I got it hot enough but it did what I wanted it too. The second is my avatar nibbles on a Millennium LS. Don't throw the disc but have a bunch of white ones laying around so I figured I'd take a stab at my first 4 color dye. Didn't turn out as vibrant as I hoped but definitely proud of it. BTW most of the bleeding on this one was around the stupid hot stamp on the disc.

Gotta find away to move this operation inside, was getting mugged by termites outside tonight.

4YSA-Bottom Plate Small.jpg

4YSA-Top Small.jpg

5WSL-TopSmall.jpg

6th dye, my run and hand cutting the candy cane and first run at posting large pic not thumbnail

Attachments

• marvin disc 007.jpg
    marvin disc 007.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 371
Last edited:
MNcyclone that was the first with red/purple/blue, glad you liked it!

I like it a lot, when you do vinyl dyes over marble do you do them both at the same time or do you do a barbasol marble and then vinyl? If you do the marble first, I would love to see just the marble the next time you do that color combo.

Apoth****y just posted a completely sick hand-cut Ken Climo Ion on MVP's Facebook page. Don't know if you guys know how to show that here, but it's worth a look. Nastiness...

Apoth****y just posted a completely sick hand-cut Ken Climo Ion on MVP's Facebook page. Don't know if you guys know how to show that here, but it's worth a look. Nastiness...

LOL, there's no way he hand cut that. I don't actually know if he can or can't, I'm just sayin', I'm pretty damn sure he wouldn't.

WPStarValksDSC_7618.jpg

WPstarvalksDSC_7631.jpg

DDDAAAAANNNNNG. what do i gottA do for one of these??!!??!

Damn nice dyes Dan, you and that plotter are a dangerous combination.

Koogs, love the hand cutter's club, that my friend is very well executed.

That Climo dye could be hand cut for sure. With abstract shading like that, you have a lot more leeway when cutting. Very nicely done dye with the shading though, it's the exposures and multiple dips that are the hard part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts