• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I'm in the middle of moving. And I still took 20 minutes to throw a bob-omb onto a striker for my friend who's back in town visiting. didnt take a picture of it though, it bled like hell in a few spots.

Ah LoPan, you know I was joking :D, I don't know how you do it man, I gotta have everything in it's place and in order or I screw things up royally!

roboflow.jpg

Perhaps one for the Fail A Day thread and the crappy cell pic doesn't help but I'm hoping to rehab this fella. Supposed to be a cracked plastic underlying circuit board/gears type deal. Like I said, needs some more work to save it; but it's an idea I would like to see done well if anybody wants to try it.:thmbup:

roboflow.jpg

Perhaps one for the Fail A Day thread and the crappy cell pic doesn't help but I'm hoping to rehab this fella. Supposed to be a cracked plastic underlying circuit board/gears type deal. Like I said, needs some more work to save it; but it's an idea I would like to see done well if anybody wants to try it.:thmbup:

Very cool! I think it still looks awesome. Since you're giving your blessing I'm gonna try this for sure.

I knew there was something funny with GL plastic! love it!
did you put together that image or find it somewhere?

I knew there was something funny with GL plastic! love it!
did you put together that image or find it somewhere?

The Swedish Gold does fly well.

Original idea is from a tattoo, used that as reference, redrew it in illustrator and hand cut. Definitely want to try to salvage it with a little/few more color(s) in there somewhere. Maybe use it as a shading experiment on the gears.

Glow Z Nuke, PNW inspired since I just moved to seattle recently. This was a pain, I had to use a second sheet of vinyl and line it up. I usually just put another clear piece on and recut, but the design wouldn't work. No perfect curves, but I'm getting better with hand cutting, I just can't justify $200 on a plotter.

Disc%25252035-Glow%252520Nuke.jpg

And a couple I did a while back.

Disc%25252029-opto%252520flow.jpg

Disc%25252028-Star%252520Valkyrie.JPG

Last edited:
Glow Z Nuke, PNW inspired since I just moved to seattle recently. This was a pain, I had to use a second sheet of vinyl and line it up. I usually just put another clear piece on and recut, but the design wouldn't work. No perfect curves, but I'm getting better with hand cutting, I just can't justify $200 on a plotter.

Why did you have to recut? It's looks like two colors. Couldn't you just do the black, then weed the red parts and dip again?

Finally got to do a stained glass dye. It's a commission, and I have several hours in this. Even with a plotter, and including software time... six hours I think.
108_3566.jpg

You know I love my animals. This is Ralph. Disc even looks better on him.
108_3559.jpg

I know I can take this further. I'm not sure it's worth the time. Likely he will recieve this tomorrow.

Finally got to do a stained glass dye. It's a commission, and I have several hours in this. Even with a plotter, and including software time... six hours I think.
108_3566.jpg

You know I love my animals. This is Ralph. Disc even looks better on him.
108_3559.jpg

I know I can take this further. I'm not sure it's worth the time. Likely he will recieve this tomorrow.

Have you ever dyed Weeeeed on Pussy? That's a beauty.

^^ LMAO! Nice disc ZBoaz, design layout, colors, execution, all top notch!

Knarfks the Haida art kicks ass, you did an excellent job cutting that.

I have been having a hard time with dark blacks showing up on discs, not sure if it is my mix. There is a red tint on the small overlaps.

This is my second shot at dyeing discs. Can't see the BG marbling very well in the pic. It's from a Florescent yellow Champion Orc.
110529_013439.jpg

Oh yeah, first for the day

Work in progress on my son's Star Wraith. The disc is pretty beat up and is actually a very faint blue with yellow swirls. Vinyl residue still needs cleaned off and other colors and shading still need added. I just wiped part of each stamp off. So far so good. In the freezer now. I'll finish it when I get more time.

Attachments

• Star Wraith.jpg
    Star Wraith.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 107
here is my first crack at a multicolor, i know the dayglow green didn't help with my colors but I thinnk it came out ok
ff013bac.jpg
very cool, nice design.. my first thought was that it was "wrestler taking a dump" now I see it's "witch doctor coming through disc".. I like designs that make me look twice, very cool.:hfive:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts