• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice JDW, we have been missing your work in here! What is on that river, kinda looks like a crazy Alien?

Here is the other from last nite, a little picasso for ya...
DonQuixotesDSC_8222.jpg
That would be VENOM...from the Spiderman list of Villians...The Magneto Magnet was a nice touch too.

I have no skill, but semi-good ideas...here is a disc to try.

In the theme of the movie "300" do a disc with the Spartans that basically says 300+ ft...

I think it would be cool.

lmao, pretty sure you are not :D. Thx for the props, I don't like taking custom requests but couldn't say no to that one.

Not for myself as I am fiscally insubordinate...I just thought that would look cool on a driver. Imagine Leonidus yelling (Like the cover) but with 300+ in blood some where with maybe a shadow of a basket interwoven in the blood spatter...man, I wish I could DYE...Aaaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!

Nice JDW, we have been missing your work in here! What is on that river, kinda looks like a crazy Alien?

DonQuixotesDSC_8222.jpg

Yeah, that's Venom, the flash from the camera makes it hard to see well. I like but it still doesn't compare to your work Dan. That is truly a work of art.:thmbup:

humbly accepts the kind compliments... I was just kinda making the philosophical point, art requires a creative spark that I just don't have. And as with any philosophical point there's always an argument against it. IMHO making a copy, no matter how cool it is, is still a copy.

humbly accepts the kind compliments... I was just kinda making the philosophical point, art requires a creative spark that I just don't have. And as with any philosophical point there's always an argument against it. IMHO making a copy, no matter how cool it is, is still a copy.
I would cut the portions of HUMBLE PIE you have been eating.

Like it or not, even copies require artistic talent.

Otherwise, I wouldn't be looking on ebay for ways to sell my spleen to buy one of your discs.

Super slick disc

DonQuixotesDSC_8222.jpg
This one is crazy cool. The background really makes this one for me.

Since white dye does not exist, I tried creating the illusion of white dye.
DSCN2797.jpg

What do you think?

GASP! Sharpie art! Burn the blasphemer!!

So, I know sharpie art is formally frowned on. Or it provokes indifference. Or a zombie-like rage for flesh. Everyone is different. But I got really bored at my desk and decided to go all 80s van art on one of my putters. If I had the ambition, I would've put a wizard fighting a dragon in the background. I thought I would share it, all the same.

Attachments

• sharpie_wizard.JPG
    sharpie_wizard.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 151
So, I know sharpie art is formally frowned on. Or it provokes indifference. Or a zombie-like rage for flesh. Everyone is different. But I got really bored at my desk and decided to go all 80s van art on one of my putters. If I had the ambition, I would've put a wizard fighting a dragon in the background. I thought I would share it, all the same.

Very nice, but why no wolves or the virgin Mary in the sky?

What the hell... I thought I had seen this sharpie disc before. But it's only very similar to the one in this thread: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6603&highlight=sharpie+art

Bradley Williams left one of his putters for my girlfriend to go crazy on. I think she did alright. Still haven't sent it to Brad yet.. He'll have to wait :)

resizedscf6190.jpg

-Scott Lewis
Hyzer Flip Disc Golf

Status
Not open for further replies.