• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spider Pig next? "Spiderpig, Spiderpig, does whatever a Spiderpig does. Does he swing from a web? No, he can't cuz he's a pig. Watch Out! Here comes the Spiderpig."

Ned Flanders as Satan on a Demon disc would be cool.

I've got some Simpsons dyes in the works Doupie ;)

This had always been one of my favorite stickers from the Dead days...

discdogsDSC_8314.jpg

You may be thinkin' bad dog, don't get my disc. I'm thinkin' good dog, coming back from the grave for one more game of catch :D

This had always been one of my favorite stickers from the Dead days...

discdogsDSC_8314.jpg

You may be thinkin' bad dog, don't get my disc. I'm thinkin' good dog, coming back from the grave for one more game of catch :D

Why do I suddenly have a hankerin' for a grilled cheese and a brownie? I need a miracle.

Hey I followed them too when they came to the West coast. Miss those days enormously.

Just finished this one an hour ago.
Nothing too special but I was psyched that I was able to pull this off without a plotter.

I used a compass cutter for the bigger circles, I used a stencil cutter to help round the smaller circles

Wow, if you hadn't said something I would have assumed plotter, nice job Marty, cutting circles sux!

Got a couple squeezed in tonite as well, Marzac, I loved those west coast shows. Shoreline, Cal Expo, New years in Oakland, Eugene OR, and although not west coast, Vegas was one of the best places to see 'em, after the show all the tripping hippies would hit the strip! The two at the bottom right are Jerry's last shows, Soldier Field in Chicago, July 7-9, '95.
SYFwtixsDSC_8408.jpg

And a clear Opto River, shoulda mirrored the design along the mirror line in the stamp...
fcubesoptoriversDSC_8345.jpg

That river is outa sight!!! Id like to come up with a river dye similar to that, but using the water symbol from The Fifth Element movie. I'll see if I can do it in under an hour.

Dead Eugene were my favorite shows hands down. Greatful Dead + Three days of camping = an experience that cannot be matched. We loved being right behind the tapers (sound recoding area). They always stayed close to the ground and respected the vibe better than the weekenders. They always were the best at telling stories too. Vegas was very cool, but I hate gambling. I tried to stay away from the strip, but the hippie invasion was so strange to see, I had to go walking around just for that. Those were some very strange trips to Vegas... thats for sure!!!

Camping in the parking lot at Eugene, in my time it didn't get any better than that, we've probably met :D! They let us camp at alpine valley outside of Chicago but it never had that vibe.

I like it but... that's like 13x13, factor in the circle and well hell somebody count 'em, around 150 little squiggly lines, tonite I'll have weeding nightmares :eek:

Hopefully this eases Dans nightmares... (just 216 Dan)

P.S. I was at 93' and 94' Eugene... Just listened to them both on the Archive. Pure bliss.

Wave2.jpg

Last edited:
realized I hadn't posted any new dyes recently. I've got one in the works that is taking forever to cut and haven't been to the course in a bit so no commissions, but here are a few that I've had and not posted. The purple is on a monarch, the bottom dye turned out all right but I think it could have been better. The cryztal buzzz is the blackburn rovers fc dye, my team. And if you can't figure out the last, it was done for a buddy of mine.

13PCMsmall.jpg

14CCBsmall.jpg

8OSRRsmall.jpg

Dead discs huh? always love a good Steal Your Face on a disc, it's a perfect fit! I've done maybe half a dozen of them, loved them all, none for me

LET'S SEE THOSE DANCING BEARS AND STEAL YOUR FACES AND JERRY TRIBUTES ETC!

4900116026_5b7d1183a2_z.jpg

4900115518_b453e848ed_z.jpg
5575780798_12596ee42f_z.jpg

5417622318_690f4cb84e_z.jpg

5417621898_bcf597f25b_z.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.