• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
here are a couple that i finished last night. something odd on the smilie, the 3M film that i used did fine on the black dye, however when i did the red for the teeth, the red soaked through the film and did seep into the disc. the rectangular spots are from the tape i used on the film to hold the stencil. very odd, however i will end up going back and soaking the rest of the disc to get it more uniform. either way, i really like the lines and the impact.

darren
razorsmith.com

photo.php

photo.php

here are a couple that i finished last night. something odd on the smilie, the 3M film that i used did fine on the black dye, however when i did the red for the teeth, the red soaked through the film and did seep into the disc. the rectangular spots are from the tape i used on the film to hold the stencil. very odd, however i will end up going back and soaking the rest of the disc to get it more uniform. either way, i really like the lines and the impact.

darren
razorsmith.com

I had something similar to this happen when I got the dye too hot and cooked the disc.

Hypno-Toad
IMG_2587.jpg

Had a nice vacation, but very little interwebz... I'm gonna make up for some lost time (length apologies in advance :))

Nicedguy, I'm loving this disc, great use of the shaving cream here man!

Chris that's a great CTP prize, giving a few away will let all the locals know what you are doing!

I gotta second lxdawgs comment! "That's what makes it so much fun, reading around here and trying to put your own spin and style on it, is a blast and continually pushes the bounds of your sanity"

Dsplay the superheavy disc is kick ass, I'm really enjoying what your doing on the bottom of the flight plate, I gotta try more of that!

And Guru, how can you possibly go wrong with Dali on your disc!!! If it ever lands on top of the basket I think it would just kinda fold up on itself and fall in!

Steve Martin on a Champion Glow Whippet. Part of my "Great Comedians" series. Already have Bill Murray...thinking George Carlin next.

206020_10100207888212447_29625539_48379700_2066535_n.jpg

Just finished this Prize Disc with Sponsor on it. Bleeds in the "A" and the "p" it seems, but not too shabby.

picture.php

Looks good. Classy move leaving the stamp on it. I couldn't get a couple of the rays off the star on an Opto Riot i did recently.

Steve Martin on a Champion Glow Whippet. Part of my "Great Comedians" series. Already have Bill Murray...thinking George Carlin next.

206020_10100207888212447_29625539_48379700_2066535_n.jpg

I thought about doing a series like that. There is a restaurant/comedy club near my house called the Vortex/laughing skull lounge that has posters that would make great stencils of famous comedians.

Looks good. Classy move leaving the stamp on it. I couldn't get a couple of the rays off the star on an Opto Riot i did recently.

Thanks, I figured it would look rather clean and neat by only taking out the Opto portion of the stamp at the very top of the disc and letting the lines fly through the dye.

Status
Not open for further replies.