• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This wasn't my design but I never saw a post with the finished disc. So I'm posting my dye job.

117906_g.jpg

Nice one Egarnaat, Marzacs gonna be happy to see someone did that design. Now you gotta go all the way to the edge, it ain't easy, takes real patience but the effort is worth it! I'd probably start with something simpler. That wouldn't happen to be a Lat64 River would it?

And Todd, that would be one of those rare times I would consider photoshopping a disc pic. Make it obvious but hide a couple of those #'s, it's private info. I do like both discs, good to see you challenging yourself, I know her Groove wasn't easy!

Liked yours too Chris, adding the green was a good idea.

And Todd, that would be one of those rare times I would consider photoshopping a disc pic. Make it obvious but hide a couple of those #'s, it's private info. I do like both discs, good to see you challenging yourself, I know her Groove wasn't easy!

so true... lol.. old phone number though... and I definately am not worried about somebody calling me on my cell... I advertise my new number specifically so I will get called... about disc golf related things hopefully!

Here are 2 I did last night.

F-BOMB on a mini so I can drop the F-BOMB after every throw.

Hahahahaha... love your reason!

and that is a nice disc... do you use different shades of blue dye or did you mix the same dye differently for the shades? I am still working on color schemes, so the insight would be helpful.

Hahahahaha... love your reason!

and that is a nice disc... do you use different shades of blue dye or did you mix the same dye differently for the shades? I am still working on color schemes, so the insight would be helpful.

Did a 15 min dip in royal blue followed by 20 min in neon green with no remasking.

Also you must remember that shorter dip times produces different colors. 5 min royal blue is very different then a 10 min royal blue. No need to be mixing many different blues even if you want different tones of blue

Last edited:
Did a 15 min dip in royal blue followed by 20 min in neon green with no remasking.

Also you must remember that shorter dip times produces different colors. 5 min royal blue is very different then a 10 min royal blue. No need to be mixing many different blues even if you want different tones of blue

Thanks for the tip!

So this is my next project, got into it deep last night, but now I am waiting on my Grey dye to get here in the mail. It's a picture of my daughter I'm putting on a tye dye firebird. The edges of the bird are tye dyed, but the middle is clear.

IMG_20110818_090323.jpg

I have already dyed the dark spots, and have cut the areas I am going to dye grey for the contrast/shading. Any tips or ideas from you masters out there? I figured I am already past the point of no return but thought I'd see what you guys were thinking.

This is definitley the toughest I've done to date, and so far is looking better than I expected.

So this is my next project, got into it deep last night, but now I am waiting on my Grey dye to get here in the mail. It's a picture of my daughter I'm putting on a tye dye firebird. The edges of the bird are tye dyed, but the middle is clear.

I have already dyed the dark spots, and have cut the areas I am going to dye grey for the contrast/shading. Any tips or ideas from you masters out there? I figured I am already past the point of no return but thought I'd see what you guys were thinking.

This is definitley the toughest I've done to date, and so far is looking better than I expected.

Neat project, I was thinking of doing the same thing with a picture of my 7 month old daughter!

So this is my next project, got into it deep last night, but now I am waiting on my Grey dye to get here in the mail. It's a picture of my daughter I'm putting on a tye dye firebird. The edges of the bird are tye dyed, but the middle is

You can just dip the disc in black for 30 sec dips to achieve grey instead of waiting for a dye shipment

You can just dip the disc in black for 30 sec dips to achieve grey instead of waiting for a dye shipment

Hmmm, I didn't even think about that, but again I was drinking and it was late so the hand cutting took all of my attention, so I did actually cut my hand, haha. I have some Pearl Grey on the way, and thought the contrast in colors would actually look pretty cool!!!!

I just squirt some black dye over the disc and immediately rinse it off for grey shading from black. I tried wiping it on with a paper towel, but it wasn't working as well as just pouring it on. Plus, you get to see the color the whole time to know how dark it is. I've only done it on White star plastic though.
Painting on different shades of grey might help to give the fading effect, but I don't know. I don't do much dye painting.

Just pulled this Champ Starfire out of the pan. I had some issues with drawing the stencil, but it came out as intended. Kind of a tribute to the one that got away. There is still towel lint stuck to the adhesive, but it will come off when I clean it.
110818_150043.jpg

Just pulled this Champ Starfire out of the pan. I had some issues with drawing the stencil, but it came out as intended. Kind of a tribute to the one that got away. There is still towel lint stuck to the adhesive, but it will come off when I clean it.
110818_150043.jpg

:thmbup: Very Nice, Nice Lines :thmbup:

I am issuing a challenge to all ypu single color dyers out there. Step out of your comfort zone and produce us a 5 color dye. Time to step it up!

I've done 5 color dyes, but for commission jobs, I do what the client wants.
On another note, I'd like to see somebody other than myself do multicolor on the bottom of the flight plate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts