• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks northern! I don't remember reading if you gave your mixes for the bed of SC and the SC to dye ratio. But I didn't mix either. The SC bed was nothing but SC and the dye was not mix with anything but water.

I kneed out the air bubbles and use straight sc usually, unless I want a more blended design, then I may use up to 1/4 water-3/4 water mixture. I know some guys always use some water, I have also used liquid dish soap as a thickener and to add texture. I put dye in lines into the bed then draw the color up slowly so when I put the disc in it takes more color in the spots I want. white star plastic has been very good to me.

I kneed out the air bubbles and use straight sc usually, unless I want a more blended design, then I may use up to 1/4 water-3/4 water mixture. I know some guys always use some water, I have also used liquid dish soap as a thickener and to add texture. I put dye in lines into the bed then draw the color up slowly so when I put the disc in it takes more color in the spots I want. white star plastic has been very good to me.

Cool thanks! I'll have to try that sometime. I also made sure to have the pan the disc was in on top of my stove and for about half of the dip time (toltal dip time was 21 hours) had the oven on at 200 just to keep some warmth on it.

I have a question about the pic here. How do you/others get the lighter gray? Is it just gray dye? Or do you get this shading effect with a very quick dip in black?

Sometimes i use pearl grey, but in this case, i used a short black dip. If its a new batch of Black though, short dips might have more of a purple tint to them

Sometimes i use pearl grey, but in this case, i used a short black dip. If its a new batch of Black though, short dips might have more of a purple tint to them

Cool thanks. What do you mean when you say new batch? One that was just mixed that day or would a batch that was mixed a few weeks ago be something you consider a "new batch"?

Cool thanks. What do you mean when you say new batch? One that was just mixed that day or would a batch that was mixed a few weeks ago be something you consider a "new batch"?

He is referring to when RIT manufactured/packaged it.

Newer batches seem to have more purple as a base color while older ones do not which can cause shorter dips to look purple.

He is referring to when RIT manufactured/packaged it.

Newer batches seem to have more purple as a base color while older ones do not which can cause shorter dips to look purple.

Oh ok I get it now. I was trying to figure out why sitting mixed up would change that. Thanks Maan.

Just stare at the dot in the center, but not too long the long term effects are yet unknown. :popcorn:

IMG00329-20120125-1616.jpg

super flat and stiff champ FB

Warning: NorthernDisc and it's affiliates are in no way responsible for any side effects while viewing this disc; including: Dizziness, headaches, crossed eyes, mild hallucinations, leakage, or any attempt to remove ones eyes from their respective sockets.

Just stare at the dot in the center, but not too long the long term effects are yet unknown. :popcorn:

IMG00329-20120125-1616.jpg

super flat and stiff champ FB

Warning: NorthernDisc and it's affiliates are in no way responsible for any side effects while viewing this disc; including: Dizziness, headaches, crossed eyes, mild hallucinations, leakage, or any attempt to remove ones eyes from their respective sockets.

Why won't it stop spinning? Make it stop spinning...

Here is my first dye. 2pac on a glow Buzzz... The pick is not that good because it was taken with my phone. I had two bleeds one on each side but all in all I am happy with how it came out.

I am planing on doing a Dead Rapper Series on Buzzz's so this is the start of that.

IMG_20120125_204212.jpg

quick question dye gods, i have a old yellow z cyclone, and i want it to be blue, doesnt matter how blue, just blue, so can i just use blue dye ?? or green will make blue????

quick question dye gods, i have a old yellow z cyclone, and i want it to be blue, doesnt matter how blue, just blue, so can i just use blue dye ?? or green will make blue????

I'd use royal or navy blue. Green will not make blue under any circumstance with anything (blue and yellow make green, not the other way around).

Here is another WOT Dye on an Axis
6770176437_d35427ac40_z.jpg

And a happy Vulcan. Unfortunately this one had a lot of deep cross-hatching in the stamp that let to some bleeds
6770173401_b91620c63b_z.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.