• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clean, simple and still easy to find. I love all the complicated and intricate work posted on here, but I can't help but think that a lot of it would be a real pain in the butt to find.

Attachments

• 2012-01-28 21.42.13.jpg
    2012-01-28 21.42.13.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 100
Nice job Blaze and I gotta agree with ya. I did this stencil with marbling to put in the store, but here's the one I did for my bag. Easy to find!

banksySSdorothysDSC_0172.jpg

Northern I like the globe image, painting looks good! I was gonna do the one with the woman and the snake but again took the lazy route, that stencil is gonna be a pain to cut and weed.

Northern I like the globe image, painting looks good! I was gonna do the one with the woman and the snake but again took the lazy route, that stencil is gonna be a pain to cut and weed.

Yeah I was going to attempt that one, but I also was lazy. I've found a couple snake ones too, not sure which one to attempt yet. Maybe I'll just wait to see what you do so we don't do the same thing.:hfive:

a few I've been working on, I started painting this one back in Dec. and ended up dipping the rest. I finnaly got over my fear of remasking with contact paper. All kinds of small problems but I learned a lot.

012.jpg

013.jpg

This one is hand cut from a vector Marzac2 did for me(my plotter hook-up fell through) Gotta love the shave cream.
011.jpg

Wow I love the star effect on the shaving cream there. I'm going to plagiarize that for sure. :D

the local rotary may fund my disc golf course so to help aid my presentation to them i made them a disc.

423840_2938730820415_1025480516_3072008_237665414_n.jpg

Nice Disc. You shouldn't have a problem with convincing them. Grayling Rotary did a nice job with Hanson Hills. Good luck with your presentation.

El Duderino, those are a couple great dyes. I also love the stars.:hfive:

Glad ya like em Koogs, we here is Wisconsin gotta represent! I third the starry marble nice effect El Duderino.

they are supposedly in it and just want to know what it entails..lets hope. I need someone with a little more clout to get the city to play ball......or shall i say disc

Some curly stuff on a Star Wraith.

If the picture does not show it clearly its a neon-green disc - with blue Jaquard, that turned very dark blue - almost indistinguishable from black. Was the first time using it and checking regularly it did not seem to to take that well - but I guess it did. :)

curly_01_wraith.jpg

Was the first time using it and checking regularly it did not seem to to take that well - but I guess it did. :)

yeah, I have that problem too sometimes. I use clear vinyl, and the idye dyes it as well as the disc, so it can be hard to get a contrast and see how much color it's taken. Nice job though, it looks good.

Thanks for all the love and all tips and all the inspiration.
Space%20nebula,%20cosmos,%20stars,%20nebulae,%20bright,%20glow,%20stars,%20526.jpg
BTW I still haven't figured out the full size picture thing. little help.

Well I pulled my 7th dye and second attempt with SC. It was a total failure the bears head was dyed in denim blue and turned out black. The SC with aquamarine blue hardly took at all. :thmbdown::thmbdown:

6thdye.jpg
[/IMG]

Doubt you can get a good marble with Aquamarine on Orange. Champ is hard to marble in the first place and that color is too light. I'm actually surprised it took as much as it did. Stencil looks good if it wasn't for it being a Bears logo. My best results for marbling have always come on Star/ESP/MVP Medium (non-Proton) plastics that where white. Always best when marbling to start with a blank canvas IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.