• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been doing these style dyes for Marshall Street for a while. Here's a couple of examples.

I've got an aviar you did...its sweet.

The DGA plastic produces the most amazing 3d colors.

just pulled these out tha pot:

picture.php

picture.php

sss wizard and softy ion.:)

How long will SSS hold dye before it looks like an 80-year old's tattoo?

how do you guys take pictures of the glow discs you dye? when i take the picture, it's very dull and the disc is glowing bright in person...

Heres a little something different I did awhile back. Its not a disc, but it is a dye.
Its a drum head on a djembe I had hanging around the house. Used an acetone/Rit/dish soap mix applied the red first then mix in a lil black to get the marble!
discs037.jpg

how do you guys take pictures of the glow discs you dye? when i take the picture, it's very dull and the disc is glowing bright in person...

Take the disc to the darkest spot of your house -- a closet, basement, garage, etc. Remove as much light pollution as possible.
Set the exposure time on your camera to a few seconds, adjust as necessary. You will need to keep the camera completely still, so use a tripod if you have one, and delay the start of the picture for a couple seconds AFTER you hit the button(a la if you were taking a picture you wanted to be in). That way the camera won't move at all.
Charge the disc up as much as possible right before taking the picture, and just mess with the exposure times, light settings, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.