• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
and the finished product:

IMG00722-20100921-2148.jpg

Looks maroon to me lol. I should have another dye up here tomorrow hopefully. Just hoping it comes out right considering it's a gift.

I realized something last night. NEVER USE WD-40 ON A DISC!!!! LOL. I picked up a cheap Wraith last night to do a birthday dye for my Mom and it had a metallic purple stamp. I usually use nail polish remover to get rid of the stamp but with the metallic it was taking forever so I sprayed a little WD-40 on it and it removed the stamp but only because it started eating the disc lol. Needless to say I had to sand down the disc a bit to get rid of some of the chunks the WD-40 created. Luckily it didn't render the disc unusable but it definitely isn't smooth anymore lol.

Dang... well. At least it will be lighter weight for her since you shaved a gram or two off :)

But Peabody, that stone disc looks heavy. You'd have to be a viking to play with that thing.

Actually my Mom doesn't play. She turned 50 yesterday and she is a big U2 fan. So I'm just doing a dye of the Vertigo tour logo since she seen them on that tour. I plan on telling her to think of it as my hand print turkey from Kindergarten lol.

jabanger, get some goo gone/goof off for removing stamps. or 100% acetone. i use goof off because it works really fast and doesn't scratch your disc.

Well this was a random occurance on a DX plastic with a Metallic stamp. Any other disc I have used the nail polish remover on has turned out fine. And the polish remover is only like 99 cents.

Well, I was proud of this until I saw peebody's latest creation. Oh well. Check it out anyway. For someone who's done less thant 10, I still think I did well. Purple leopard stencil on my blue star leopard.

img00030201009211450.jpg

Last edited:
lol. i don't think the last one i posted is anything TOO fancy. it does look awesome, but after doing my contest disc, all the dyes since then seem like b-grade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts