• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You never know what somebody might want dyed on a disc. Dude came in to the shop yesterday and wanted a praying mantis holding a bong and a disc. :p This was the end result.
Champ Glo Valkyrie
MANTABONG
mantabong.jpg

Thanks!

HOLY CRAP WHERE DID ALL THIS TALENT COME FROM?!?!?!?!

BooBoo, the color work on the Fett is excellent.

Dan, your colors are impressive as always.

Mr Sir, I love all your unique new stuff!

mathomps, if those are your first dyes, your next are going to melt my brain!

Yawp, that yellow submarine is getting sent out to all my Beatles friends, that is fantastic, and I LLOOOOVVVEEE that plastic, I haven't dyed any yet but I can't wait to do something on my white GoldLine River!

stormrider, those are excellent, despite the bleeds. I especially love the Wraith, and I just got into Portal, so :hfive: !

LoPan, zBoaz, neuron, splata, Leewaye, all the rest, great work!

This thread is over FIVE HUNDRED PAGES of awesomeness, thanks to all who have contributed, viewed, admired, and continue to make this my favorite thread on the best DG site going! :popcorn: :thmbup:

Thanks for the kind words BennettUA! It's encouragement like this and the community on this thread that makes me want to do more to be a part of it.

I might put the tron pattern on my CFLX Drone, since it's a super-orange... :D It looks good though. If I'd gone any darker you wouldn't see the detail. The light table was just so my camera could get the details.

Kicked out a few more today.

THe Bird on a Champ Tbird
middlefinger.jpg

PipBoy Back Stabber
Star Roc
pipboybackstabber.jpg

Heres my nephew/apprentice second dye. THink it turned out great!
PipBoy Gun Dude
Champ Sidewinder
pipboydestroyer.jpg

How freaking cool would that look using the florescent lure dye I put up the thread about? Holy crap, if you could make that disc, it would glow just like the movie discs under a black light.! Hell, I'd pay for one of those.

Is this bottom dyed? If it is :hfive: on no bleeds over all the numbers and lettering on the disc!

I dyed the bottom with some black, because the orange (from getting the whole rim orange) gave it a very orangey tint. I had to use hot glue to keep the black from bleeding around all the tooling, and then blended it with acetone to get rid of the distinct mask line.

How freaking cool would that look using the florescent lure dye I put up the thread about? Holy crap, if you could make that disc, it would glow just like the movie discs under a black light.! Hell, I'd pay for one of those.
Actually, under a black light, it does glow. I dyed neon yellow first, tried some neon pink, didn't get a satisfying orange, then did an orange dye, and stuck it back in neon yellow to try to give it some more flouresence....

Last edited:
I was going to do this with black but changed my mind at the last minute.

RedPanda.jpg

Last edited:
Seeing a few nice dragons lately. Thought I'd contribute. This one's on a X-Out Valkyrie. First marbling attempt. Somewhat successful...
SDC10861.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.