• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished a couple more today, all for a show tomorrow night. First fridays in KC, if your in the area come by Disc Golf World, 5-9pm (another shameless plug :D).

I think bigbadbid first posted this one, my interpretation
pickingflowerssDSC_8136.jpg

And another done with the help of the Amazing Marzac2.
londoncallingbuzzzsDSC_8127.jpg

Got one more in shaving cream and am glad to be frickin' done. I'm seriously feeling PINK around the gills.

The last one!

JimiIonsDSC_8157.jpg

Seriously Dan, some of the best yet!
Your technique on the background for Jimi is one of the best you've ever done, all I can do is random swirliness, still cool but your stuff is...I don't even know, it's just.... :hfive:
A lot of London Calling dyes have been done, and I didn't really dig too big on any of them - not that they were bad, just that they were all one color(black). This is a full color, full disc dye, and the best I've ever seen. I've wanted to do this album for a lonnnnggg time for my bass player, but now I don't know that I'll try. ((bows to the young master))

Thx guys, it means a lot! That show tonite is in KC's downtown art district so I really wanted to do some nice stuff.

The monster coming up to grab the kid is as great as the execution.:thmbup::thmbup:

Wow! That Jimi disc is AMAZING!!!!!!! Huge props! I stalk this thread and that is by far my favorite on here! :thmbup: awesome job dan!

Nice work Throw, getting those clear cryztals black isn't easy. And yea, the Cthulu rocks, nice "underside" work ;)

Marzacs amazing Illustrator skills got the sky aperture design into something that I could work with. You got Illustrator needs above and beyond your skills, He's the Man!

skyaperturesDSC_8063.jpg
Ok...dude...your work is sooooo good it makes me want to cry. Do you take orders?

EDIT: Saw site for ordering...DOH!

Last edited:
Did a few the other day. Lost my first Texas Rangers so did another. Tribute to the Mavs Championship, had a few mistakes will fix on the next one and the Greatfull Dead bear peace sign.

Great looking discs Dan as always.

Attachments

• IMG_9411.jpg
    IMG_9411.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_9412.jpg
    IMG_9412.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_9414.jpg
    IMG_9414.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 48
Splata you and your damn Texas teams :D

You nailed that Dancing bear peace sign, great colors, excellent execution, beautiful disc!

Finished a couple more today, all for a show tomorrow night. First fridays in KC, if your in the area come by Disc Golf World, 5-9pm (another shameless plug :D).

I think bigbadbid first posted this one, my interpretation
pickingflowerssDSC_8136.jpg

And another done with the help of the Amazing Marzac2.
londoncallingbuzzzsDSC_8127.jpg

Got one more in shaving cream and am glad to be frickin' done. I'm seriously feeling PINK around the gills.
Holy ****..that Clash one is amazing!

edit: if i had 35 id snap on that so fast

Did a few the other day. Lost my first Texas Rangers so did another. Tribute to the Mavs Championship, had a few mistakes will fix on the next one and the Greatfull Dead bear peace sign.

Great looking discs Dan as always.

i love that bears dye :) great work dude.

First shot at some multicolor. It didn't come out as well as I had hoped, and it was a bitch to cut by hand. Should have left the green on longer and the first shade of orange.
110702_223349.jpg

110702_223412.jpg

Oh well, it's a learning process.

sQAIh.png

This was my first time doing multiple colours and my first time using multiple stencils (although two stencils were extremely simple. It is a Champion Beast.

Last edited:
Dsplayname, great hand cutting!
Here's a couple I did last night,1 is on a bar stamp Z crush, and the other is on my swirly flow, love the way it makes the dye look metallic! Flow stays in the bag, thanks to Hippie for the design.
arrogantcrush.jpg

mantaflow.jpg
4 dip (black, scarlet, fuschia, aquamarine) really digging these 4 for nice bright colors

I know. I've never done multiple stencils, so wanted to do something super simple the first time I tried. I'm not too sure why I was kind of intimidated by them...

Dsplayname, great hand cutting!
Here's a couple I did last night,1 is on a bar stamp Z crush, and the other is on my swirly flow, love the way it makes the dye look metallic! Flow stays in the bag, thanks to Hippie for the design.
arrogantcrush.jpg

mantaflow.jpg
4 dip (black, scarlet, fuschia, aquamarine) really digging these 4 for nice bright colors

Fishy, those are a couple sweet dyes.:thmbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.