• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first and only dye to date. And the first time I have ever used an x-acto knife. I am very happy with it except for the orange. I want it to be darker. I will be redoing the orange as soon as I get some more vinyl. The blue marbling was done using the plastic bag method and is on the bottom of the disc.
067.jpg
[/IMG]

^Good work Steveo! I'd hate to see what MY first dye would look like....shame I'll never know :doh:

Are those marbles or bleads of black in the yellow, cause it looks kinda cool.

Are those marbles or bleads of black in the yellow, cause it looks kinda cool.

The only bleed is on the nipple. I'm not ecstatic over this one. I skipped a soap wash, and a goo gone wash, and it shows. Plus there should have been another ring in yellow around the G, somehow I didn't notice my trace bitmap didn't pick it up. Also, you can see two small yellow areas that should have been green. I rushed thru this one, I guess because I haven't dyed much lately and was excited to do one. I'll slow down from here on out. And, I'll go grab iDye yellow.

River in with "gang" (river) in Korean written in Hangul (Korean letters) - as I am trying to learn the language atm, and figured mixing the two interests would be nice.

Gold Latitude River GL, colors are Jaquard. The black was not completely saturated which has given it a slight, quite nice, red hue.

Attachments

• river_hangul_800w.jpg
    river_hangul_800w.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 26
Totally forgot to add: That disc gave me my first sub par round ever today.
It hit tree after tree and bounced right towards the basket every time. Insane triple bounces in some cases. :) The other people in my group were quite impressed by it.
Dye karma, baby.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27593100@N03/?saved=1
Did these last night/\ it's the first two pics. I have a question though, there is sticky stuff on the disc? I'm positive it's from the vinyl. Does anyone know a way to keep that from happening or how do get it off? I'm using regular greenstar and oracle vinyl.

I think you are referring to the adhesive residue. Step one is doing a good job preparing the disc and cleaning it before the dyeing. Then, run hot(not scalding) water over the disc when you peel the vinyl off. Any residue that is still there can be wiped away with goo gone, rubbing alcohol, or finger sweat(if you freeze the disc after dyeing).

I think you are referring to the adhesive residue. Step one is doing a good job preparing the disc and cleaning it before the dyeing. Then, run hot(not scalding) water over the disc when you peel the vinyl off. Any residue that is still there can be wiped away with goo gone, rubbing alcohol, or finger sweat(if you freeze the disc after dyeing).

Thanks! They are all new discs and cleaned before but I'll try the alcohol and goo gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts