• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Firebird, Son

Shooter14

Eagle Member
So I've heard it rumored before that the Pre Flight 12x Firebirds with Pat #'s are actually 11x's...Is there any truth to this? I have an older Pre # FB with Pat's that is pearllyyy and somewhat soft/supple compared to newer Champ.

The 11/12x Firebirds have very few differences in my experience. The only major difference is that some of the 12x runs seem to have a slightly higher percentage to be domey but retained all of the flight characteristics.

Someone more well versed on Innova lore could probably be more accurate but I throw them both and the only difference I can tell is the stamp.

If its pearly and soft,its a 12x. 11x fbs werent pearly and most werent soft,not stiff but somewhat pliable. The pat# bs is not true for 11x fbs.

If its pearly and soft,its a 12x. 11x fbs werent pearly and most werent soft,not stiff but somewhat pliable. The pat# bs is not true for 11x fbs.

Agreed. PFN 12x usually have a slight dome and semi-gummy plastic. Same with the "no time" 'birds with flight #s. 11x are usually board flat and stiffer.

PFN 12x are bringing decent money lately though, $25-30 new for nice ones.

There is pearly 11x plastic, as I have a FAF 11x FB that has slight pearl, and a lightweight 11x EX that is as pearly as some Gold Line. Early 12x is closer to 11x than that rock hard insanely OS current stuff. 11x holds lines longer than current with more distance potential as well.

There is pearly 11x plastic, as I have a FAF 11x FB that has slight pearl, and a lightweight 11x EX that is as pearly as some Gold Line. Early 12x is closer to 11x than that rock hard insanely OS current stuff. 11x holds lines longer than current with more distance potential as well.
Proof of fb please[emoji599][emoji622][emoji631]

yeah ive seen plenty of pearly 11x plastic but i have NEVER a pearly 11x firechicken .. i too would love to see a pic :D

I think some 11x plastic Eagles sat around the factory unstamped long enough to get the 12x stamp but other than that, I see consistent differences in the rest.

I also have a pro-line Leo that, other than the stamp, appears to be 1st gen CE.

I think some 11x plastic Eagles sat around the factory unstamped long enough to get the 12x stamp but other than that, I see consistent differences in the rest.

I also have a pro-line Leo that, other than the stamp, appears to be 1st gen CE.

I have a bunch of ProLine Leopards Reds, Purple, Orange, TieDye that feel like CE but... They just arent..

I have a bunch of ProLine Leopards Reds, Purple, Orange, TieDye that feel like CE but... They just arent..

Blood red with the mold "L" above/outside the nipple with the weight filling the entire nipple. White streaks when held to the light. Can't say for sure but...

I'm not gonna live or die on this hill but you do realize that Innova is still "fresh" stamping previously blank discs made 10+ years ago, right?

IOW, blanks have been known to sit around a while.