• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The First Disc You Owned?

DX Raven 169 - DX Raven 171 - DX Goblin 175 - DX Gazelle 171 - DX Rhyno 175

All the finest that St. Cloud's WalMart carries; I only have the one Raven left because it was autographed by my kids.

Then I went to Scheel's and picked up an X XS 167 which I love and still have but retired. Two months later Scheel's stopped carrying discs. Too bad, for a non-DG store they had a decent selection.

My first golf disc was this Gazelle. I bought it at a garage sale for like $1.50 or so.

This was over ten years ago, before there were any courses in my area. At the time, I was starting to collect Frisbees and other discs just to toss around the yard and stuff, and thought it might be neat to have an actual golf disc in my collection. By the time I got into DG many years later, I bought other discs to use on the course, and decided to "retire" this one as my first-ever golf disc.

4193239952_c5c8456a8e_o.jpg

Bought my first disc in 2000. It was an orange 165g DX Gazelle...back when it was a "long range driver" with the full circle stamp. I shortly picked up some more friends for it: Rhyno, Aviar PnA, DX Shark, DX Viper.

My first actual golf disc was an Elite X tie dyed Stratus. My Dad found it when we were playing the local course with lids; he gave it to me because he thought I *might* play again sometime.

And it has been a steep, STEEP downhill slide from there.

My first disc was a dx Gazelle.
My first disc I could throw a long way was a Champ Valkyrie.
My first putter was a JK Aviar.
My first midrange was a dx Roc.

First disc I threw- A buddys 150g kc cheetah
First disc I was given- 170g cryztal buzz
First disc I bought- Firm 175g white wizard (RIP IN THAT LAKE IN DAYTONA) /cry

173g red z predator, only disc I owned for like a year. bought it at some hobby shop that doesn't exist anymore and picked that disc b/c it was red and I liked the name. horrible first disc, but it gave me a sweet sidearm shot. It was also my first ace disc and now it's hanging on the wall b/c I started to get nervous every time I threw it on a risky shot.

Midnight Flyer. Don't remember the mold/model no. I gave it to Vegan Ray along with an AMF 21.4cm and another MF. I think I got all three in 1979, the two MFs at the Virginia State Frisbee festival. Can't remember where I got the AMF.

Wow...you guys are a bunch of youngsters. When I first played DG, I used a regular frisbee until I bought three Midnight Flyers circa '80 or '81. I still have one of them and still use it to play catch and warm up before a round.

I didn't play for a while after college. When I started playing again (in the mid to late 80s after I found out there was a DG course in Dallas), I bought a couple of Lightning P38s because that was all they sold at the time in the Rec Center at Skyline Park. I still have one of them also.

Glad to hear it's still being thrown!

Brainstorm: Yeah, I quit in 82 and picked it back up in 05....Stupid to have quit. I might have bought mine in 80, that was too many beers ago :lol:

I need to find a MF Fastback for this StupidClass Ice Bowl at Pohick in a few weeks. Anybody wanna lend me one for a weekend?

I guess I could use a SuperHero or SuperStar, but they just don't have the feel of a real FB6 or FB3.

98-99 when I started :
aurora ms
gazelle
150 class dx banshee

I have the aurora and banshee still. beat to snot but I'm glad I was able to hold on to em

innova scorpion, bought at some little sporting goods shop in downtown santa cruz. i remember after a while it got kinda beat up, so i sanded down all the rough spots and was disappointed when that turned the disc into a flippy pos. :-(

I started May 2009. Went and bought a 3 pack at Sports Authority so I could play with friends and not use their stuff. Got a 150 Champ Valk, 166 Champ Panther, and 166 Champ Aviar.

Started playing in 2005. First discs were

171g 11X Champion TeeBird
17?g Pro Line Rhyno

A local MA1 player gave me a Ch wraith 175, two star BB aviar drivers, a CE valk, and a rancho roc. I later returned the roc because "I couldn't get it to go far!". haha.