• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Force

SeanMeacham

Alright, I am an avid disc golf player and can throw a pretty far drive. I definitely have one of the higher arm speeds of most people I play with. Looking at what people say about throwing the force is the exact opposite of what I experience.

ie. "This disc has completely changed my driving game. I used to try and turnover overstable plastic to get good distance, but the Force allows me great distance by throwing flat and even hyzer shots."
-Cale Leiviska (from team discraft)

I have to huck it as hard as I can, way out to the right and this baby comes screaming back hard left. I can throw my Avenger way farther, even my XS....what's the deal?

The Force is a hell of fast disc...if you are not throwing an XS 400', its probably too much for you to throw correctly. Its the same thing with the Boss, basically only the top pros can throw it properly, unless its a real light weight disc. Many of the top pros will not actually carry a Force or Boss in their bag because it takes too much to make it fly right and can be squirrelly.

Ditto...

I'll probably end up selling mine, the only use I've found for it is using it like a midrange when there is OB just past 275 and I need to make a hard turn right before the OB.

I bought a force as well because I already throw Flicks which are rated more overstable than the Force. Flick being 2.5 and the Force 2.0 but the Force is more overstable than my Flicks! I was hoping the Force would be more like a cross between a Surge and a Flick, but its like a Flick on steroids. But im gonna wait till I break it in before I give it a final grade.

I really want a force. I've got a 171 Xcal that I use for forehand drives and shots that have to hyzer the whole way, but it's starting to flip on me every now and then. I really want to try out a force for those hyzer into the wind shots.

I prefer the Xcal over the Force on FH drives. The Force actually has some slight high speed turn when thrown at its cruising speed and is not as good into big headwind. I can throw my Force a little farther, but its not as consistent or accurate as my Xcal. The Max is probably the most overstable disc I've thrown and it will not flip unless you are doing something seriously wrong even in huge headwinds.

I have a Force and I can only generate enough speed to find it useful as a max distance thumber. My experience has been that it is crazy overstable, but I have contributed a large deal of that to the fact that backhand I just don't have the arm.

Yikes.

My Z Force is absolutely the most overstable disc in my bag. I can hit 450' max with my Destroyer, and around that with my Xcal, but the Force man, it's just too overstable for me.

Makes a helluva spike hyzer disc, though.

at first i found my Z force to be a little more forgiving than my Xcals when throwing FH - then they were essentially the same disc and i had to be careful or else i'd turn them over. The flick is still the only disc i dont have to worry about turning over FH

at first i found my Z force to be a little more forgiving than my Xcals when throwing FH - then they were essentially the same disc and i had to be careful or else i'd turn them over. The flick is still the only disc i dont have to worry about turning over FH

I want a flick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have a force that is understable, a brand new first run esp force, i also have a z force and i understand what you guys are talking about because i use that z force for big hyzer shots/spikes, but my other one i throw a hyzer flip, and let me tell you those forces have legs for miles

I been trying to get a first run Force, but this kid on Discaroo(online disc trading site) wont respond to my offers... Im gonna check eBay right now...

They are sweet, but have fun breaking a Z Flick in... It takes awhile. I played with one for two years before it was broken in nicely. But im sure you know that drill.

Yes that unfun and often unfair drill. Mine have never taken that long thankfully.

my elite z force took a while but it's come around, i pretty much use it for shots that i would use the predator on but i need to go further, i have a small arm and not a huge drive but i still found a way to use it, it's not flying the way it's intended to but it's flying in a useful line that i need on certain drives

I picked up and Elite X Force 167-169g at Worlds this year.
It's a poppy top much like a Pro Destroyer.
Very very very overstable for a disc weighing less than 170g

Latest posts