• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly - 2010 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting this thread up again because I enjoyed reading the old one.

The good: Got a pair of XT Wings for $20 at the REI garage sale today.

The good again: deuced a 600'+ hole by throwing my VP in from 200'.

The bad: My putting today, even with a max weight VP, I was getting owned by the wind.

The Ugly: My knee is acting up again.

the good: I now have hella teebirds, predators, and drones for backups

the bad: I hurt my shoulder skiing

the ugly: I haven't shaved in two weeks :lol:

Good: Had a pretty good round at Taylor today, +4, including a birdie on a hole I never birdied before.

Bad: Had four 30-35 foot birdie putts and missed them all

Ugly: Shot a horrendous +16 at Tocobaga this morning

Dorky: Writing this from my iPod Touch despite sitting right in front of my computer

Good: Played decent in the cold and wind at the Ice Bowl today.

Bad: The cold and the wind at the Ice Bowl Today.

Ugly: Added my score wrong which knocked me from 3rd to 4th in Open. I wanted that towel!

Good: Played a tournament today in the nicest weather I have played in in a long time. Almost had to pull out the short sleeves. There are definitely benefits to living in Louisiana

The Bad: My score in today's tournament.

the good: had a career best round at stafford lake during the weekly yesterday -10, i was flat out KILLING
the bad: a local pro came in at -11 to edge me out!!
the ugly: fat girls with small tits

biodarwin said:
curt said:
There are definitely benefits to living in Louisiana

Where in LA are you from?

He's from around Shreveport.
Lol. We shot the same exact score each round. Duzee Pro I actually did pretty well. I aim for +7, and I hit +9.. So it wasn't too bad. Ace run, 6 up is pretty bad for me there. Shoulda shot at least even.

Good: Shot 2 over at Taylor this morning, I'm averaging 4 over there over my last six rounds

Bad: My driving mostly sucked, I had to be on my approach game and putting today to pull out a good score

Ugly: It was freaking cold for Florida

The Good: I'm finally understanding proper form in my drives

The Bad: It's snowing here in Missouri, so I can't go out and throw.

The Ugly: Snow in Missouri is like a fart compared to Minnesota snow. I'm screwed starting in three days.

The Good: I finally think that I have the discs in my bag set. No more messing around with molds for a while

The Bad. My knee has been messed up for months now, talked to a nurse and he said its my MCL......

The Ugly: Its cold as balls in WI

The Good: Won 2 rounds with local friends in Harvard, Il.

The Bad: Putting in the wind, eyelashes freezing together, 13 degrees not included the 25+ mph winds

The Ugly: 1 putt, not mine, missing a little long, catching an edge rolling down the sledding hill, turing a 25 footer into a 250 footer.

curt wrote:
There are definitely benefits to living in Louisiana

Where in LA are you from?

Yeah, i'm from Shreveport, though I am technically living in Austin for the most part right now while I'm going to school.

And yeah, 6 up on that Ace Run course is ugly. I did make friends with a lot of trees though. I think that is the first time I've ever had nine bogies on a course in a tournament.

the good: i shot well today.

the bad: it is freezing cold outside and i did not wear gloves while playing.

the ugly: i high fived a guy that just got an ace on the 17th hole.

Went outside today in the bitter cold since the Vikings were thumping the Giants. Thought it was a good idea because there are three Ice Bowls coming up in the next three weeks. I plan on attending at least two of them. I have not thrown at a course in nearly a month, though I have been getting plenty of putting and driving practice when I can.

The Bad - It took several throws to remember what each driver does when I cannot throw as hard thanks to the wintry conditions.

The Ugly - Lost a Z Force, Otpo Halo, and Champion TeeBird all on the first hole (Plymouth Creek #1). I saw where everything landed, or at least thought I did, but they took a weird path into the snow and buried themselves. Then while trying to retrace their path, I kept going back to the tee to throw a few more. Ended up losing a Champion Katana this way.

The Good - Found everything after a little searching (45 minutes, I was not going to lose that Halo or Katana). The search area was not that big because I had fairly accurate shots, all within easy putting distance of the basket once they were located. The tricky part was how they slid under the crusty snow, leaving no trace where they entered.

The Even Better - I was not cold in the least. Last year I spent a lot of time and money figuring out how to play in the cold. I have good long underwear, a few layers of hoodies, a nice hat and neck warmer, a great pair of snow boots, a thick glove for my left hand, and a handmuff strapped around my waist (like the type football players have) to keep my throwing hand dry and warm.

The Unfortunate - I am probably not going to learn my lesson about using cheaper discs during the winter season. The whole point of buying discs is to throw them, right? I am fairly confident with my good stuff and extra pairs of eyes during a tournment should help.

The good: I got to play some Charlotte courses this weekend!!!

The bad: I had to play a new course called Nevin

The ugly: In the cold today, I broke a star aviar driver... never cracked star plastic before.

Good: went to an NFL game in freezing weather, but it was in a dome :)

Bad: it was a Rams game with $8 beeyaz

ugly: it cant just be cold, snowing or windy or wet , it has to be a minimum of 2 of the 4 at any point in the last 2 months

The Good- The local tourney in 2010 is going to be A-tier super tour event. Get to play with some of the best.

The Bad- I've lost 2 augusta wraiths in the last month, both at new courses.

The Ugly- My shoes, they're on their last thread. Need to step up to some new discs shoes.

Good: Got to play golf again for the first time since my accident this weekend! Not only that, but was only 1 stroke off Mike Henry's pair in the doubles on Sunday, and my partner and I both felt we played like crap!

Bad: 10 degrees with 20mph wind on Saturday (0F windchill)

Ugly: 10 degrees with 40mph wind on Sunday (-10F windchill)

Good: Shot my best round ever at Taylor today, even par, had four birdies. Parked hole 2 within eight feet, it's a very difficult hole to put it that close to the basket off the tee.

Bad: Hole 1 in the long position is very tough and causes lots of bogies, mainly because it has no fairway between the short and long positions. Earlier today it was moved back into the short position (with the rest of the course staying the same) and though I had driven thinking it was still long and my spot gave me a good shot at getting par anyway, I'm not quite as happy with finally shooting even par there as I should be because having that go short makes the current course layout pretty easy, six of the eight holes with multiple pins are in the short position right now.

Ugly: Missed two easy putts.

Status
Not open for further replies.