• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly - 2010 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
The good: It totally snowed during the second round of the monthly I played this sat. Also got on the lead card with three really good pros for the final round.

The bad: came in 4th behind those three pros, really had a few chances to catch a couple of them but missed some easy putts and took a 6 on the 3rd hole by throwing OB on a grip lock.

The Ugly: The six I took on that one hole. Also trying to throw Ions slick with snow was not pretty.

I haven't thrown an ion since I initially got it, but figured I would give it another chance the other day and I could not believe how slippery it was when it got cold and snowy/wet. It never seemed to dry off either. It didn't get very many throws.

Good: Placed 2nd in an unsanctioned tourney my club put on. 2 rounds. played open, but it was mostly top advanced guys and some open masters guys. Had the hot first round at -3. it helped that I designed the tourney layout/ob/mandos.

Bad: shot lights out in the first round. the 2 bogeys I had, came from putts that spat through the chains. not dead center buts, but still solid attempts. Then had a birdie put at 15ft, hit the dead middle chains, bounce off the pole, hang on the edge of the basket, and fall out. all 3 of those were in a row. being -6 would have allowed me to relax in the 2nd round.

Ugly: 2nd round was back and forth between me and the guy who eventually won. we battled the entire round with 4-5 lead changes. tied going into the last two holes(11 & 12), which are the hardest back to back holes on the course. I don't shoot for a 2 on these, usually going 3-3 will get you a win. I went 5-5 and gave it away(he went 3-4).

I was pretty upset with myself after giving that one away on my home course. I couldnt find basket on 25 ft putts in the 2nd round, mentally just lost focus. but I gotta say, it was awesome to have 30+ people show up for an unsanctioned event and help support the school club.

Good: the winter practice has been good for the game, definitely making progress
Bad: it aint got no bizzness being this cold in NC
Ugly: Lost a barely thrown champ orc due to cold fingers and cold discs slipping like crazy (zebulon #3, into the schule to the left of the tee coming out of the tunnel)
Optimistic: that was a nice club stamped orc and it was inked so there is a 5$ bounty to the finder if it comes home (*crosses fingers*)

Good: Shot a 74 playing a 12,000'-ish (there were at least 4 1000'+ holes) temp course at the Country Club at the beginning of the month, with an aching back and not really throwing far because of it. Good enough to tie for 5th out of 18 in the open division.

Bad: Jacked up my back the week before, so I'm not playing for the rest of the year.

Ugly: What my distance will be like when I start playing again. Was throwing over 400' consistently and often up to 425', now I'm not going to be throwing as hard so I don't hurt my back again...probably in the 375' range when I'm healthy (hopefully)

Time to really put in some work with overall consistency with my game when I get to throwing again. So, out of this ugly, some good will come from it.

Good- played a round this morning and hot there at the same time as a group of 3. They invited me to play dubs. I was putting lights out. Hit. 10 30ft+and didn't miss any inside the circle. Only missed one putt

Bad- most of my drives

Ugly- slippery ass tee pads.

Good: shot a 65(par 65) at Live Oak Gold in Ingleside TX. This course is the hidden gem of Texas with one of the toughest front 9s i have ever played. Every hole is intense and different, not allowing you to get into a rythm with similar shots. Based on the last tourney out there this is a 997 round, so I was pretty stoked with how I did.

Bad: didn't really leave many strokes on the course from putts but I know I missed two 30 ft putts.

Ugly: my FH game is horrendous. I don't use it alot but because my fh game is below avg I left 2-3 strokes out there. It is mainly a lack of accuracy. I missed one fh line early on and decided not to use it again. I had to take some harder bh routes because i didn't trust it.

If you live in Texas, go play Ingleside asap

Good: been a good year back in DG
Bad: Tendinitis halfway through
Also bad: Lost my single digit tag for #15 this week with the season coming to an end.
Ugly: the snow is finally piling in, and the final tag match is sunday. (I get one more shot at tag 1 assuming it doesn't puss out)

Good: I'll get to play in the season starting competition on my home course on Sunday.

Bad: The snow is high and the predicted temperature is -15C or 5F.

Ugly: I gotta shave my beard. I may not recover fully from work prior to the competition.

Hee hee: It's too cold to film so i'm forced to compete :)

Good: Glorious weather today, and my wife and elder son joined me for a round. Also, putting practice is finally starting to pay off

Bad: Driving is getting worse

Ugly: Lost a bright pink Z Comet that bounced off a tree, landed embarrassingly close to the tee pad, and yet somehow disappeared.

Partial compensation for ugly: On the next hole, I hit the top of the basket with an X Comet.

Status
Not open for further replies.