• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Graveyard

I don't have a pic but I had a pearly 10x kc pro teebird that met its end when the local park bailed up the hay/grass. also, a dx gazelle got run over by a mower and I found the bits the next week. Sad days.

I cracked 2 rocs recently and both were a major part of my bag and beat to perfection. Not sure how long it will take to replace them but I have lots of new and used to dig through.

The first one is my most recent ace disc. Dx glo roc (straight flier with a little fade left at the end). Not sure how it cracked, just took it out of the bag on hole 2 to throw it and noticed it was done.
dsc00022py.jpg

The second happened yesterday at the DGCR meet at Fox Chase and this one was purely my fault! I was trying to crush my ching roc (96rock is awesome for those from Atlanta) and sent it directly into the first tree. This was the disc I put in my bag to replace the first disc I cracked. :doh:
dsc0001mx.jpg

These are the only 2 discs I've ever cracked in my 6+ years of playing and they both happened within a month of each other.

Jeez...a 96Rock disc must be old. Do you have a Z93 Buzzz too?

:thmbup: Z93's phone # is written on the wall next to the basement phone so my dad could run in from working on the cars to call in for prizes.

173 XD. Old plastic and I knew better than to take it out in winter (Bull Run, Manassas, VA). Just touched the basket on a missed putt. It broke my heart as it was one of my first discs. That brings me to the disc to the right. My Very first disc, 170 Cobra. Got some tree love and when I walked up to it, this is what I found. I thought nothing of it flying funny after glancing off a tree but when I saw that crack it bummed me out for the rest of the round. I have since learned that if a disc means something to you, don't throw it.

XD Cobra by e4wqw3erfwq, on Flickr

What's awesome is that the 96rock roc still flies just as good as it did before. It's a tad more overstable (doesn't flip at the end of the flight like it used to).

If you can melt a gash on the rim back into the disc legally who's to say I can't melt the crack back together and still use it? :popcorn:

This actually qualifies more as bad parenting, but I abandoned a Champ Starfire about 35ft. up a Norlfolk Island Pine at the Kapalua Disc Golf Course on Maui. I tried throwing anything else I could find at it to try and dislodge the disc but nothing worked. I even threw 3 and 4 foot braches up to knock it loose. I almost impailed myself twice, and then the tree kept both branches right up next to the disc, just to spite me even further. I'm sure the tradewinds kicked up a few days later and someone is the new adoptive parent of my Champ Starfire.

Attachments

• Abandoned Starfire.jpg
    Abandoned Starfire.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 37
Kindve hard to see, but there is a crack in the flightplate on this 10x Aviar. Only threw it for about a week and this happened when I barely kicked off a tree...
DSC_0793.jpg

Reverse karma: I was playing a round with Jukeshoe. He was putting with a BB Aviar and talking about how he loved to play glow rounds, so I gave him the backup glow BB Aviar in my bag. Five or six holes later, upshot VS tree resulted in:

picture.php

All's well that end well. Juke decided he preferred the P & A and sent me back the other glowbie + another BB this summer. :thmbup:

ouch fellas.. i guess we will see more of these as the temps get colder ... i still havent had one crack but just seeing scotts pics are making my "rocs" shake

This actually qualifies more as bad parenting, but I abandoned a Champ Starfire about 35ft. up

I saw someone climb at least 50 feet up some vines that were hanging from a tree to retrieve a disc the other day! It was awesome.

Devin and 3P those discs are too nice to crack like that. Sucks!