• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2017 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Straight from the horse's mouth. Good to see you around here, Paul.

Looks like we need to dig the "Ask McBeth a Q thread" again.

Adidas Outdoors isn't leavening the sport they are coming in swinging this year.

Any chance you can share some info on this? Are they going to be extending sponsorship dollars, or are they going to work on a DG shoe lineup? Both? The Terrex I purchased this past Christmas has been a solid shoe that seems like it'll handle some abuse. Just wondering if they'll be adding anything to handle the increased stress our tees tend to put on shoes.

I think Catrina Allen, winner of Women's Player of the year, deserves to be mentioned. She killed it. I agree, Prodigy isn't going anywhere. I still see a few all Prodigy-bags here and there.

https://discgolf.ultiworld.com/2016/11/30/catrina-allens-season-rank-among-best-ever/

(If Paige's departure had anything to do with a lack of commitment from Prodigy, you can't really blame em.)

Hence why I pluralized "Ulibarri." Im not going to open up the rumor mill but Im pretty sure they are still married.

I feel she is far and away Prodigy's best player right now. She needs to be their marquee star for 2017.

Nope. Innova ProtoPack Incredibly similar to an AX15 (if not a direct copy) but still not actually a Grip. Kind of how the Innova Hero Pack is 95% an Academy Magellan with a little extra support added in. Paul has not used any Grip or been sponsored by Grip EQ in over a year. Note how he thanks his sponsors after every tourney interview and hasn't said "Grip" since 2015/verrrry early 2016.

Interesting. Is this bag produced by Grip with Innova branding or is another company developing it?

And he avoids the snow like the plague.....
years ago I think even Greenwell was trying to get him to come to the Milwaukee Winter Doubles tournament (Ice Bowl, Real Ice Bowl, Big Chill, Big Freeze and maybe some I don't remember).

So are you saying the mini snowman is not Climo, that it may actually be Barsby? Hmm, good food for thought... :popcorn:

Any chance you can share some info on this? Are they going to be extending sponsorship dollars, or are they going to work on a DG shoe lineup? Both? The Terrex I purchased this past Christmas has been a solid shoe that seems like it'll handle some abuse. Just wondering if they'll be adding anything to handle the increased stress our tees tend to put on shoes.

The terrex is a great shoe. I've been wearing Adidas trail running shoes for a couple of years now. They and one other very expensive company, not Keen, are the only ones that still mold a solid sole on their trail shoes. That means they don't peal apart under torsion. Great shoes.

BTW, I really enjoyed reading your posts in the Bradley Williams' suspension thread. You were chocked full of righteous indignation towards the PDGA. You defense of BW was spectacular.

One last thing, while you are correct I have issues with the PDGA, I never defended BW's actions.

I think what he did was stupid and he deserved suspension plus getting dropped by Innova.

The terrex is a great shoe. I've been wearing Adidas trail running shoes for a couple of years now. They and one other very expensive company, not Keen, are the only ones that still mold a solid sole on their trail shoes. That means they don't peal apart under torsion. Great shoes.

I've been wearing Salomons for several years, and while I love the soles (and the shoes), I wore them out pretty quickly, long before the shoe fell apart. So far these Terrex Swifts have been great so far and the waterproofing's been an added plus. Can't say I've heard a bad thing about them.

Wasn't there talk somewhere of a Big Jerm ITB on Thursday (today) somewhere? Anyone know if that's a thing?

I've been wearing Salomons for several years, and while I love the soles (and the shoes), I wore them out pretty quickly, long before the shoe fell apart. So far these Terrex Swifts have been great so far and the waterproofing's been an added plus. Can't say I've heard a bad thing about them.

Yep, I still have a pair of Salomons, they don't come apart, but as you've said, the soles go down quickly. At $100 + compared to $40 to $65, I'm sticking with Adidas.

Yep, I still have a pair of Salomons, they don't come apart, but as you've said, the soles go down quickly. At $100 + compared to $40 to $65, I'm sticking with Adidas.

On the other hand, if Salomon sponsors PP I may have to rethink that.

Latest posts