• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The inevitable 2020 Pros switching sponsor/DD hate thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, people might actually buy that.

But being an Infinite disc it would have to fit the theme that Infinite is doing for that year. Disc probably could not use the 3 top name to the disc either like make an older style of Eagle under new name then make a 3 top version is out, it would have to just come 3 top . But something like that would be nice in both X and L as there are people that like both. Also Innova people can't tell the difference in those X and L molds even with the set in limited on the Innova Factory Store that are marked as X and L the company still messes up on that, or so one can see in the comments on the molds.

It is obvious when a mold is an L mold for the molds that have an original X wing and an L wing for the other second version, the L is either more smoothed out version of original X or straighter wing then the original X wing.

So, who has a spreadsheet of players whom contracts are up. No use wasting time speculating on players still in contract.

And dry rub is king

If you like dry rub then you'll love Memphis Mud mane. It's both dry rub and sauce and it forms a perfect crust of goodness

This hurts me. :(

I know you're not allowed to give specifics but...

...can you at least tell us whether you have actually held one of the new mids? Or are they still early in the experimenting/design stage?... The not knowing anything part of all this(combined with some people losing their favorite disc) has really soured a bunch of people on MVP.

:popcorn:

Would be fun if Henna, Eveliina and Kristin gets a sponsor that can help them play on the tour next year

Discraft "needs" a top FPO player. . could they get any of these three players?

I don't know what's the deal with Henna, but her lack of touring isn't because sponsor isn't supporting her, it's something personal. There is still the old van ready that was left unused after KJones left to prodigy.

Eve said that she wants to tour US and would've done full tour this season, but won't do it without friend or better yet, touring partner.

Those two are close friends, so I wouldn't be surprised at all to see both of them tour in prodiscus van, if Henna decides to start tour more in US.

I'd say Kristin does everything together with Silver and L64 is quite dominant event organizer in Estonia, so of course they want to keep the best of the country under their brand.

I am more interested about prodigy and situation where it is now, discs are not selling that well and because of it, it's gonna affect the company and its sponsored players.

...can you at least tell us whether you have actually held one of the new mids? Or are they still early in the experimenting/design stage?... The not knowing anything part of all this(combined with some people losing their favorite disc) has really soured a bunch of people on MVP.

I understand. I'm going to lose the Theory, amongst one or two other molds or plastic-specific molds. On other hand, one of the things I've been wanting for a long time are mid-range discs with a smaller depth of height. My hands aren't that large, and I sometime have difficult getting a good throw on discs with a taller profile. So if we're going to get a long more things closer to the Pyro in profile compared to say, the Tensor, I'm happy with that.

Saying that, though, no, I have no knowledge of the upcoming new discs.

I don't know what's the deal with Henna, but her lack of touring isn't because sponsor isn't supporting her, it's something personal. There is still the old van ready that was left unused after KJones left to prodigy.

Eve said that she wants to tour US and would've done full tour this season, but won't do it without friend or better yet, touring partner.

Those two are close friends, so I wouldn't be surprised at all to see both of them tour in prodiscus van, if Henna decides to start tour more in US.

I'd say Kristin does everything together with Silver and L64 is quite dominant event organizer in Estonia, so of course they want to keep the best of the country under their brand.

I am more interested about prodigy and situation where it is now, discs are not selling that well and because of it, it's gonna affect the company and its sponsored players.

Henna is still very young, and to say "hey i want to go to the US and live on my own in a Van for 6month" may not go well with family and friends :D

If Henna and Eveliina goes together that might make things alot easier

To have Kristin, Henna and Eveliina play with all the US pros will make the FPO side of things very fun. . FPO Worlds was really fun

Chris Clemons could be a name to watch. I wouldn't be surprised to see him move to Discraft. He's good buddies with Presnell and doesn't seem to fit the bill of the annoying DD social media always in your face cult.

Big fan of Clemons. Saw him in a restaurant after the final round of the USDGC and he was very kind but I was surprised only one other DD player was with him. Hopefully he leaves a team made up of personalities for a manufacturer that has competitive team members.

...Hopefully he leaves a team made up of personalities for a manufacturer that has competitive team members.

I don't mean to insult you. But what a dumb take this is. I truly don't understand the silly internet hate that the DD team gets sometimes. All I can think is that people are jealous that DD absolutely KILLS it at the media game and their favorite brand is probably left in the dust comparatively. And does this spread to all the Trilogy lineup? Emerson Keith is doing pretty well with the Lat64 stuff and that includes some DD plastic.

DD has lacked a regular top 5 MPO finisher since Emac left the touring scene. I really hope that Clemons stays with DD and becomes that player. He has the potential to.

If you put every sponsored team each into their own separate room, I know that if I went into the team DD room I would probably have the most fun. Most of you internet posters have never once even spoken to these players. And every time I see someone disparage DD (or any team) I just think, "Wow. That person is stupid." And I hope that every other person reading it does as well.

I don't mean to insult you. But what a dumb take this is. I truly don't understand the silly internet hate that the DD team gets sometimes. All I can think is that people are jealous that DD absolutely KILLS it at the media game and their favorite brand is probably left in the dust comparatively. And does this spread to all the Trilogy lineup? Emerson Keith is doing pretty well with the Lat64 stuff and that includes some DD plastic.

DD has lacked a regular top 5 MPO finisher since Emac left the touring scene. I really hope that Clemons stays with DD and becomes that player. He has the potential to.

If you put every sponsored team each into their own separate room, I know that if I went into the team DD room I would probably have the most fun. Most of you internet posters have never once even spoken to these players. And every time I see someone disparage DD (or any team) I just think, "Wow. That person is stupid." And I hope that every other person reading it does as well.

I realize that DD helps support your company, but its not that difficult to understand why people get annoyed with them. It doesn't mean its a "dumb take", it means people dislike their in-your-face social media strategy of getting people to buy their products. They depend on their players acting and dressing like clowns (Risley, Oakley) instead of their players demonstrating and showcasing elite shots and finishes w/their companies discs.

Ripping people for rooting for and against certain teams seems short-sited. Rivalries produce more spectators and increase drama, something I know you are keen on. Do you rip people for liking the Packers and hating on the Vikings too? I didn't think so.

It never ceases to amaze me how much people tend to lump players with shared sponsors into one bucket. They are "teams" in name only for the most part. Team DD doesn't get together for s'mores and sing Kum Ba Yah at each event they attend. (Or do they?)

I realize that DD helps support your company, but its not that difficult to understand why people get annoyed with them. It doesn't mean its a "dumb take", it means people dislike their in-your-face social media strategy of getting people to buy their products. They depend on their players acting and dressing like clowns (Risley, Oakley) instead of their players demonstrating and showcasing elite shots and finishes w/their companies discs.

Ripping people for rooting for and against certain teams seems short-sited. Rivalries produce more spectators and increase drama, something I know you are keen on. Do you rip people for liking the Packers and hating on the Vikings too? I didn't think so.

I have a lot of respect for how Oakley has improved his rating since joining DD. And the Whale Pants video offerings are strong. I might dislike how pro disc golfers are asked to turn themselves into commodities for their sake and the sake of the companies they represent (especially the case for DD), but I can respect how some people excel at it. The vitriol they receive sure is something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts