• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The inevitable re-attempt at a 2020 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

GoobyPls

Double Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Let's try this again, this time sticking to actual discussion of, you know, pros switching sponsors.

3244-2.jpg

The Inevitable Someone Gets Their Panties in a Bunch thread...

Well I hope it was the actual Dynamic Disc Bashing and not the reasons why players are leaving Dynamic Disc, I was one to point out why players are leaving Dynamic Discs not bash the company. I was just stating the cult like following to the brand the sponsored players have that are still with the brand, like you have to have that type of devotion or be a big enough star like John E McCray to stay with the brand. The Brand has some Plastic issues but then other brands like Innova the plastic is not consistent for some like both Pro plastics and Star. It seems that Dynamic Discs has/had a full team and as soon as players contracts were up they left.

It seems more and more pro players moving from team to team after a 2-4 year contract is up, fewer and fewer players are willing to stay with a team for a much longer period of time with the Pro players. Before Sponsored Pro players were with a team for most of the players Open carer. I get it some more near top players were sponsored by Disc Companies that were small and want to stay small, others on teams that tried an approach for the marketing by having all the top players on the team and having players for a short period. I think at one point Disc Golf companies tried to grow faster then the sport was growing in part of the 2010's, taking a cue from the early to mid 2000's when Disc Golf was one of the fastest growing sports.

Last edited:
which pro is going to acquire a pizza sponsor and carry a full bag of pizza-looking discs? It's really a no-brainer. Needs to happen.

If Dynamic Disc grows the sport enough, I can see a future where disc golf takes a NASCAR approach with sponsor-logo discs. Companies with round logos especially.

This is sarcasm, I think. I'd throw a whole bag of pizza discs, tbh.

Looking forward to the Neko and westside partnership. Widseide has been lacking a big name especially in the US. Also I hope this means a full Neko touring schedule. Hope to see his improvement on the attitude front on some coverage next year. I've always enjoyed watching him throw.

I would rather eat a pizza where I'd have to pick cat hairs off of it than a pizza with pineapple on it.

I ate a chicken/pineapple/jalapeno pizza this evening AFTER playing 2 rounds in the snow in the mid 30's. My cat loves the pineapples too. Also loves milk. I threw a few Westside discs today too. So basically I've touched on all the recent threads today alone in real life. I may have a problem :eek:

Looking forward to the Neko and westside partnership. Widseide has been lacking a big name especially in the US. Also I hope this means a full Neko touring schedule. Hope to see his improvement on the attitude front on some coverage next year. I've always enjoyed watching him throw.

Is this dictated? :D

While I am not in love with Westside as a brand, I am stoked to see Nikko continue the upward trend he's seemed to be on for a few years now. I think this ought to propel him some more.

I keep seeing the PP to Discraft thrown around, even on DC FB groups. This apparently got started on some Trilogy boards. I've heard they would buy out her contract and give her similar treatment to Paul McBeth. Lets hope this is the case and she picks up right where she left off with her Ti Stalkers.

I keep seeing the PP to Discraft thrown around, even on DC FB groups. This apparently got started on some Trilogy boards. I've heard they would buy out her contract and give her similar treatment to Paul McBeth. Lets hope this is the case and she picks up right where she left off with her Ti Stalkers.

For the star elite player on DD's roster, she hasn't exactly been heavily promoted via social media or their website. hmm.... But... I DID see the one and only Eric Oakley on the landing page of their website.... twice!

Having both current world champs on the same team (even just for one year) would be a huge marketing move for DC. wow...

I ate a chicken/pineapple/jalapeno pizza this evening AFTER playing 2 rounds in the snow in the mid 30's. My cat loves the pineapples too. Also loves milk. I threw a few Westside discs today too. So basically I've touched on all the recent threads today alone in real life. I may have a problem :eek:

omg you don't HAVE a problem you ARE the problem.

Repent.

Paige isn't going anywhere. She's signed for at least two more years and I wouldn't expect DD to give her up without a fight. She left Prodigy specifically to go back to DD because of the existing relationships she had with them. Pretty sure there aren't similar connections for her with Discraft.

This seems like fanboi wishcasting to me. Like fantasizing how your favorite basketball team should just get LeBron and Steph Curry and dominate the NBA. It's never going to happen.

Speaking of round logos, it's too bad they are out of business because it would make a great sponsorship crossover with a certain Trilogy putter;

pure-oil-company.png

Latest posts