• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The inevitable re-attempt at a 2020 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Since there have already been some moves, could somebody, like, you know...summarize? The players moves I mean.

*awaits rundown of pizza discussion*

Since there have already been some moves, could somebody, like, you know...summarize? The players moves I mean.

*awaits rundown of pizza discussion*

Here's a summary:

With the exception of Nikko pretty much nothing has happened except a bunch of bullcrap posts from people who know nothing, and who will continue to know nothing until someone actually involved with professional disc golf posts for us all to see.

Last edited:
Wideside...the choice of husky disc golfers.

Looking forward to the Neko and westside partnership. Widseide has been lacking a big name especially in the US. Also I hope this means a full Neko touring schedule. Hope to see his improvement on the attitude front on some coverage next year. I've always enjoyed watching him throw.

Now if you want to start a fight with some yoopers try this one north of the Mackinaw sometime:

"Pasties are just over-rated pot-pies."

I apologize to those that don't live in Michigan and don't get that.

Strippers with pasties aren't really strippers
Hey, look at that. A guy from Texas that doesn't know what a pasty is.

Pot pies are all full of gravyish stuff. A pasty is the perfect meat pie.

I'm actually super biased because my mom made great pies, and part of the secret was her crust. Her pie crust has never been duplicated. She took her secret pie crust mojo and applied that to pasties, and OMG they were sooooo good.

She hated them, though. She was from the mitten. She used to grumble about my dad and I being "damn Yoopers" whenever she made them. About six months before she died she called me and told me to come to dinner, when I asked why she said "I'm never making these damn pasties ever again, if you ever want another one you better come to dinner." They were perfect, as always. Better than any damn pot pie ever hoped to be.

Damn it, what is this thread about again? What happened with that one guy with the tattoos that throws far?

Now wait a minute. In post 650 of the original thread you posted that Nikko had a 2 year deal, but the Ultiworld list says it's a 1 year deal. Do you know which it really is? Just asking. Not trying to be a jerk. Nikko is one of my favorite players so I have a genuine interest. Thanks.

Two year deal. I'm going to go with what Westside posted on its own social media over Ultiworld's aggregator.

attachment.php

I didn't mean to imply that Ultiworld is the final word, just the cleanest list of comings/goings/stayings you're likely to find. Certainly better than using a thread like this to keep up to date.

Attachments

• nikko-westside.jpg
    nikko-westside.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 481
Nothing compared to last year, but I am slightly interested in seeing what Drew throws if he's allowed to throw any brand Infinite carries.

Also would be interested in seeing what all Nikko had been throwing with his mixed brand setup.

I posted it in the OG thread, but just so there's a record of it here, I was the first to say that Salient is making a comeback and Lloyd Weema will be the first player they sign.

All the news, none of the pizza

That sounds like the opposite of The Onion's philosophy.

Pot pies are all full of gravyish stuff. A pasty is the perfect meat pie.

I'm sure it varies regionally, but here in Montana the difference between pastys and pot pie is mostly in the geometry.

Composition is basically the same: pastry crust, brown gravy, stew-grade beef, potatoes, and maybe a few other veggies thrown in there. For a pot pie you get a little more leeway to add stuff, like maybe peas, whereas the pasty is more narrowly defined. But the ingredients are still 95% identical.

The differences are almost entirely in the construction. The pasty is a fold-over pocket that you cook on a flat surface. Whereas a pot pie is built structurally in and onto the entire circumference of the pan, with a separate top crust added. It's like the difference between a calzone vs. a deep dish pizza that has another crust as the top layer.

I'm sure it varies regionally, but here in Montana the difference between pastys and pot pie is mostly in the geometry.

Composition is basically the same: pastry crust, brown gravy, stew-grade beef, potatoes, and maybe a few other veggies thrown in there. For a pot pie you get a little more leeway to add stuff, like maybe peas, whereas the pasty is more narrowly defined. But the ingredients are still 95% identical.

The differences are almost entirely in the construction. The pasty is a fold-over pocket that you cook on a flat surface. Whereas a pot pie is built structurally in and onto the entire circumference of the pan, with a separate top crust added. It's like the difference between a calzone vs. a deep dish pizza that has another crust as the top layer.
My dad loved Montana. He actually really wanted to retire there, but mom would hear nothing of it. He was a smoke jumper when he was young and was based two Summers in Missoula. I never heard him say a bad thing about Montana.

I'm sure all of that would have changed if he was aware of what you were calling a pasty. :|