• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2022 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Let's say Ricky leaves Innova, they still have tons of top level, extraordinarily popular players they are paying. Sexton, Heimburg, Barsby, Gurthie, and Koling are still big draws. Not to mention, if Henna and Eveliina come to US, people will all-of-a-sudden be talking about how Innova has the best FPO players.

I am a show me guy. Neither has proven much and will need to come over and steal the stage. I hope COVID allows it. King-Pierce-Gannon was a pretty potent triple threat last season. It would be fun to find out.

I still have my first Juliana Valkyrie in the bag with her autograph on it. First disc I threw over 300 feet. Won't ever leave the bag and I have plenty of backups both 4x and 5x that I've collected over the years. Best runs of the Valkyrie ever.

When I first started, I actively avoided women's discs. I wanted to throw men's discs because I wasn't sure if rules specified different equipment specs for men and women, like is the case in some other sports. And the discs that said David Wiggins Jr and Barry Shultz were very different than the discs that said Paige Pierce.

Seems like a disc thrown well and endorsed by a 900-950 rated female player might just be a much better fit for the typical male rec or int. player than one thrown by a 1050 rated player who can backhand 550' and forehand 400' plus...

Agreed. Love Hailey King, Missy Gannon, and Kristen Tartar, and I love the Heat, Undertaker, and Grace. I've been retooling my bag over the last 18 months, and I have loved and solidified many discs into my bag that tend to be more popular with the top female players.

JK And Star Valks in the 150s were my distance drivers for years.

I am a show me guy. Neither has proven much and will need to come over and steal the stage. I hope COVID allows it. King-Pierce-Gannon was a pretty potent triple threat last season. It would be fun to find out.

What about Cat? :)

PP had 9 wins and >$60,000.
MG had 4 wins and >$60,000 with $30,000 coming from one event. Still a great season, don't get me wrong.
HK had 4 wins and >$40,000.

CA had 7 wins and >$50,000.

MG had 4 wins and >$60,000 with $30,000 coming from one event. Still a great season, don't get me wrong.

For sure. I was only speaking to the post stating once Henna and Eveliina come to US, people will all-of-a-sudden be talking about how Innova has the best FPO players.

I was just stating that I think Discraft has that locked down right now. IMO, Innova would still be hard pressed to unseat them, as the leader in the FPO game, even with Henna and Evelina.

Cat had a great season, but is kind of her own Prodigy island.

Joel Freeman's sponsorship video was him announcing him getting sponsored by fisher disc golf and ridge roller customs. So not changing disc manufacturers it seems.

I think we saw what Tattar was able to do in a short visit in '21 and both Salonen and Bloomros have kept up with or beat her in recent competition. Their ratings probably benefit from playing the same layout of MPO fields at most of their European events.

Tattar was only in the U.S. for 2 months and won ~16k. A full season from her alone probably would have lowered all of the players listed above. I think with her longer term contract she may get a more permanent visa to compete stateside. I don't think Salonen or Bloomros will stay for more than a couple months early season and return mid-late summer.

I see Jacky Chen, Henna, and Eveliina already on the LVC '22 registration (basically the Innova team meetup/season kickoff) https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/55580. Jacky is also signed up for this Feb tournament near Innova HQ in Cali https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/55920. Maybe he will sign up for Wintertime Open in between those two.

For sure. I was only speaking to the post stating once Henna and Eveliina come to US, people will all-of-a-sudden be talking about how Innova has the best FPO players.

I was just stating that I think Discraft has that locked down right now. IMO, Innova would still be hard pressed to unseat them, as the leader in the FPO game, even with Henna and Evelina.

Cat had a great season, but is kind of her own Prodigy island.

I got that it was a reply to the European players. I missed that the three you picked were all Discraft! :doh: Nothing to see here folks. Move along. :p

Yeah, the Monday announcement will be Cat.

Possibly with a similar disc line to what Ricky is allegedly getting?

Doesn't Kevin Jones have "multiple elite-series titles."?

Does Kona Panis have "multiple elite-series titles."?

Obviously quite a few players have multiple elite series victories but it's a small list of players that are going to qualify for a contract described as "one of the biggest in disc golf history"

That's gotta be Ricky and Cat right?