• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2022 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

I hope Discraft makes DGA some discs. .looking at Infinite more that half the DGA molds are out of stock.

Wonder what the odds are for Cat to throw any PP discs? . . or ANY Discraft discs....

I read somewhere that DGA players can bag a max of 2 Discraft molds...

Marwede did really well in 2021 with multiple top 5 finishes in NT/DGPT events.

2nd to Kyle Klein in a playoff at Idlewild.
The Mitten State took the top two spots. ;)

I read somewhere that DGA players can bag a max of 2 Discraft molds...

I just read that too... in your post.
Pretty sure that means it's true. :|

Last edited:
I hope Discraft makes DGA some discs. .looking at Infinite more that half the DGA molds are out of stock.

Wonder what the odds are for Cat to throw any PP discs? . . or ANY Discraft discs....

I'm curious about the DGA inventory also. Doesn't do them a lot of good signing Marwede and Cat if they don't have a ton of plastic in stock to sell. Just one of those things when you're relying on somebody else to produce your discs…

Not a lot of DGA in my neck of the woods but people who throw it seem to like it. I've always thought a lot of the Discraft drivers just felt really awkward in the hand. Any idea if most of the DGA drivers are DC variants or are they unique molds? I ask because the description of the proto driver sounds a lot like the Passion. Seems kinda odd that Cat and Paige would have similar signature drivers coming from the same source.

I'm curious about the DGA inventory also. Doesn't do them a lot of good signing Marwede and Cat if they don't have a ton of plastic in stock to sell. Just one of those things when you're relying on somebody else to produce your discs…

Supposedly Discraft bought more "Frisbee making machines" when they signed Mcbeth to his 10yr contract... so in theory... DGA should have no issue getting tons of plastic this year.

It def doesn't help to be out of stock on alot of product when you make headlines like this.

I was reading an article online about this on Ultiworld; it said "DGA's previous top talent, Matt Bell, announced he'd be leaving the California company for 2022 and beyond, and was replaced with another marquee MPO name in Andrew Marwede." Who and who? I mean I'm a disc golfer and I kinda follow this stuff; there was no "marquee MPO name" in that sentence. :|

When I read things like that, it feels a lot like the old "fake it 'til we make it" vibe. "Hey, lets pretend anybody knows who Matt Bell or Andrew Marwede are and make it seem like that sponsor switch matters in any way to anybody." :\

Ultiworld's world rankings have him at #4: https://discgolf.ultiworld.com/world-rankings/

last year, he had these finishes:
Ledgestone - 4th
Idlewild - 2nd
Delaware Disc Golf Challenge - 4th
MVP Open - 7th
GMC - 5th

I would agree that "marquee" was maybe not exactly the right word to use, but he's a very capable player.

Supposedly Discraft bought more "Frisbee making machines" when they signed Mcbeth to his 10yr contract... so in theory... DGA should have no issue getting tons of plastic this year.

It def doesn't help to be out of stock on alot of product when you make headlines like this.

Discraft still has pretty much zero stock themselves and wholesale customers are still on the "you get what we send you" program so I wouldn't look for a huge influx of DGA plastic any time soon. Consolidation of the 2 makes a lot of sense (to me at least).

Yeah, seeing a lot of the disc golf content folks talking about how Dickerson going to Discraft might ramp up their sales in TN. Which makes me laugh. Every Discraft shipment sells out in a few hours and our local shop even has a 2 disc per customer cap. I haven't walked into a retail store and held a Discraft disc in my hand since before Covid.

I was reading an article online about this on Ultiworld; it said "DGA's previous top talent, Matt Bell, announced he'd be leaving the California company for 2022 and beyond, and was replaced with another marquee MPO name in Andrew Marwede." Who and who? I mean I'm a disc golfer and I kinda follow this stuff; there was no "marquee MPO name" in that sentence. :|

I mean, Matt Bell won a National Tour, so you don't follow closely at all :D

Marwede had a breakout year last season, so I don't necessarily blame you for not knowing that he had 5 straight t5 finishes at elite series events last year

Discraft still has pretty much zero stock themselves and wholesale customers are still on the "you get what we send you" program so I wouldn't look for a huge influx of DGA plastic any time soon. Consolidation of the 2 makes a lot of sense (to me at least).

Which is unusual, to me, considering how many racks of discs I've seen in the background of the C-Dick & Ben Callaway videos of late.

I suspect this has been answered (probably in detail) in another thread, but...

If Discraft purchased additional equipment to increase volume, why can't they can't keep up with demand?

a) Can't get enough raw material (supply chain issues like long lead times, limited pellet mfg and high demand from other industries)?

b) Labor? Bodies needed to work machines?

c) They are running at full capacity, but demand for new discs is beyond anyone's wildest dreams?

d) Some other factor?

I feel kinda dumb not knowing the deal, because their factory/whse is basically in my back yard. :eek:
I just don't spend much time shmoozing with Jim Kenner's posse.

Maybe I should.

If Discraft purchased additional equipment to increase volume, why can't they can't keep up with demand?

a) Can't get enough raw material (supply chain issues like long lead times, limited pellet mfg and high demand from other industries)?

c) They are running at full capacity, but demand for new discs is beyond anyone's wildest dreams?

d) Some other factor?

I feel kinda dumb not knowing the deal, because their factory/whse is basically in my back yard. :eek:

Maybe I should.

Next time we let Bob Julio play through at Kensington, let's ask him.

d) Some other factor?

Maybe I should.

My thought is "a". Everyone is having issues with the supply chain and plastics are used for many other things besides discs (unfortunately). I'm guessing the plastic supply is going to larger consumers and higher priority ones (medical, automotive, etc). But that is my conjecture. Heck, if you are really close to to the warehouse/factory...stop by and ask them - they'd probably be glad to talk to you about the process (not being sarcastic...I think they really would discuss it as long as you aren't asking about proprietary info).

Chandler Fry has been promoted to Discraft's Elite Team. His tour series disc will be the Surge.

Oooh, nice. Surge (and Trespass) booted Wraiths for me. My Surge is flat as a pancake between the shoulders. I hope Chandler runs have some dome. Look forward to watching more buttery turnovers and 150' throw ins.

My thought is "a". Everyone is having issues with the supply chain and plastics are used for many other things besides discs (unfortunately). I'm guessing the plastic supply is going to larger consumers and higher priority ones (medical, automotive, etc). But that is my conjecture. Heck, if you are really close to to the warehouse/factory...stop by and ask them - they'd probably be glad to talk to you about the process (not being sarcastic...I think they really would discuss it as long as you aren't asking about proprietary info).

I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who came across a bunch of plastic materials that uh... fell of a truck.