• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2022 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

I suspect this has been answered (probably in detail) in another thread, but...

If Discraft purchased additional equipment to increase volume, why can't they can't keep up with demand?

a) Can't get enough raw material (supply chain issues like long lead times, limited pellet mfg and high demand from other industries)?

b) Labor? Bodies needed to work machines?

c) They are running at full capacity, but demand for new discs is beyond anyone's wildest dreams?

d) Some other factor?

I feel kinda dumb not knowing the deal, because their factory/whse is basically in my back yard. :eek:
I just don't spend much time shmoozing with Jim Kenner's posse.

Maybe I should.

They don't seem to be having trouble pumping out Z flex glo sparkle rubber blend Paul McUli zones for ledgestone.

" I feel like I'm set up for success.
There is no feeling like being on the course knowing your company has your back, knowing they know who you are, and they're proud of you and they want to see you succeed.

...I am honored and excited to be a part of team DGA and I'm really looking forward to becoming a part of the DGA Community "
v
Catrina Allen
Team DGA

In other words, my last company was not supporting me.

" I feel like I'm set up for success.
There is no feeling like being on the course knowing your company has your back, knowing they know who you are, and they're proud of you and they want to see you succeed.

...I am honored and excited to be a part of team DGA and I'm really looking forward to becoming a part of the DGA Community "
v
Catrina Allen
Team DGA

In other words, my last company was not supporting me.

Not sure how you can read that that way, unless you don't count her championships as success.

Whose gonna be the first pro to land a Nike sponorship?

I mean, Matt Bell won a National Tour, so you don't follow closely at all :D

Marwede had a breakout year last season, so I don't necessarily blame you for not knowing that he had 5 straight t5 finishes at elite series events last year
Bell won an NT in 2019; kinda waiting for some sort of follow-up to that. It seems like DGA got tired of waiting.

Marwede had 4 out of 5 t5 finishes; he was 5 out of 5 t10. That's cool and all, but he also finished 101 at Worlds and 58th at USDGC. The USDGC finish was after he had been on a tear for two months and people started talking him up as a contender, so pretty disappointing. He goes top 5 at USDGC and maybe I'd buy "marquee MPO name" right now; I'd have to go with "potentially a marquee MPO name if..." for now.

Curious, is this personal expert or your take from watching tournaments/videos?

From being on the last card of a tournament following the top card, and his interactions with us. They where playing slow and we were a threesome playing fast. One of the nicest people you will ever meet.

Amongst other time we have spoke on the course.

Not sure how you can read that that way, unless you don't count her championships as success.

To me, it very clearly echoes what Dickerson's comments were when writing about what Discraft was bringing to the table for him. What he said was pretty clearly stating "This is what I asked for from Prodigy, and they did not provide".

I'll try and find the post his Instagram and put it in this reply

I have to agree with this at face value. DGA is one of those brands everyone who's been playing for years knows, but let's face it... not many people actually throw.

DGA has pretty much zero traction around here as far as disc sales. I don't really see that changing.

I have to agree with this at face value. DGA is one of those brands everyone who's been playing for years knows, but let's face it... not many people actually throw.

In the FWIW department, I own two of their molds, and never knew DGA made them (Blowfly, Gumbputt). Those are also the only discs from DGA I have heard of. Only been back playing 4-5 years now, but still...I mean I knew who Marwede and Bell were. :)

DGA has pretty much zero traction around here as far as disc sales. I don't really see that changing.

Both DGA and Legacy seem to be somewhat confined to the West Coast. Despite both making some fabulous discs, you don't see a ton of them in retail stores here. Not sure that it matters with the online market, really. I'd be curious about the profit split for DGA baskets versus discs, personally. Mach X is still tops in my book, though not 2x as good as a T2 like the price is.

From being on the last card of a tournament following the top card, and his interactions with us. They where playing slow and we were a threesome playing fast. One of the nicest people you will ever meet.

Amongst other time we have spoke on the course.

When I posted that question, I was afraid it might come across wrong. I appreciate your reply.

I have not had the fortune to meet any pros so all I have is youtube--from that I tend to reserve any judgement about who these people are IRL.

Both DGA and Legacy seem to be somewhat confined to the West Coast. Despite both making some fabulous discs, you don't see a ton of them in retail stores here. Not sure that it matters with the online market, really. I'd be curious about the profit split for DGA baskets versus discs, personally. Mach X is still tops in my book, though not 2x as good as a T2 like the price is.
Mach VII better than Mach X and T2.

I disagree... it's plastic made by the hottest manufacturer in the game....and if they have pros winning and constantly on coverage, it will boost them big time.

Hell, even Dickerson is going to be throwing the Quake.

I bet if Cat is killing it and Marwede continues his growth.....DGA doubles their business.

From 100ppl buying their discs....to 200ppl.

WINNING!

I kid I kid... everyone should bag a Quake tho.

Heck, I'd settle for a sponsorship from one of those Chinese companies that sells ridiculously inexpensive sports apparel on Amazon.

What if Uggs offered you a pro-model boot? Like with the fur and everything