• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2022 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

His mentality when building his bag has changed since 2015

mostly due to his bag being stolen I'd think
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2713261&postcount=29

Definitely remember some Zeus, Anax, and Buzzz shots in the last year not working for him. Haven't seen USDGC so can't comment on what he had in the bag/what shots he was executing to win. Doesn't look like he/Discraft put out an ITB this year.

Is this when those discs will get destroyerizer by becoming increasing OS with no change to the flight numbers leaving people buying many discs under false pretenses? Or is that just an Innova way to do business?

Is this when those discs will get destroyerizer by becoming increasing OS with no change to the flight numbers leaving people buying many discs under false pretenses? Or is that just an Innova way to do business?

For the Covid refugees, can you clarify this a bit? Did they change the mold?

maybe Anax and Zeus will get a couple runs of more OS stiffer plastic blends. Potential for the Malta to get the same treatment?

He has his signature on a few stock Discraft molds in specific plastics so maybe he feels he has to use the ESP Buzzz/TI Undertaker over some more stable plastic blends.

For the Covid refugees, can you clarify this a bit? Did they change the mold?

Not sure if the actual mold was changed or if they just did different techniques to produce more overstable versions from the same mold. Although there is certainly an interesting line from the Gregg Barsby in the bag where he says the Scorpius is the original Destroyer mold, as the Destroyer mold was tweaked for some guy. Maybe this was him admitting that it actually was changed, and he would know better than 99.9% of people.

Destroyer approved 2007
Avery Jenkins signature stamp 2010 (2 line)
Vulcan approved 2010
TeeDevil approved 2011 (Destrulcan)
Scorpius approved 2012
Avery Jenkins signature stamp 2013 (3 line)
Paul McBeth signature stamp 2016
DD3 approved 2018/2019
Emperor approved 2019
Wysocki Raptor stamp 2019
Wysocki Robot stamp 2020
Wysocki Plain Signature stamp 2020

innovadiscs.com/team-news/passing-the-torch/
https://sites.google.com/view/dischistory/the-innova-destroyer

Probably some input from each player when they get the signature on the disc/new stamp. Some variation in the mold pieces/processes & plastic blends for the Destroyer may have occurred at each point for intentional or unintentional reasons.

Looks like Drew Gibson is also signing in with Squatch Disc Golf for next year.

Uh oh, I feel a Three Putt slamdown coming.

Comets, Rocs or Wizards maybe. I'm not sure Three Putt is up to speed on Destroyer's :D
There are literally three weeks worth of round-the-clock 24 HR viewing of video's on teh YooTubes about the subtle differences in Destroyer runs. This is not what Uncle Three Putt story time is for. Uncle Three Putt story time is for when somebody goes "I'm getting back into the game after 20 years and I remember when I was playing before I had a disc called a Moray, can anybody recommend something similar?"

Hell, I can drive down to campus and find 10 college kids that can talk about Destroyers for an hour, what kind of niche is that? I bet none of them know jack **** about a Moray, though.

The Factory Story really ought to make some Morays; it's just a Stingray with a nose spacer so they could totally run some www mold Morays and put that old wack DX stamp on them. $$$.

What was the question again?

Last edited:
There are literally three weeks worth of round-the-clock 24 HR viewing of video's on teh YooTubes about the subtle differences in Destroyer runs. This is not what Uncle Three Putt story time is for. Uncle Three Putt story time is for when somebody goes "I'm getting back into the game after 20 years and I remember when I was playing before I had a disc called a Moray, can anybody recommend something similar?"

Hell, I can drive down to campus and find 10 college kids that can talk about Destroyers for an hour, what kind of niche is that? I bet none of them know jack **** about a Moray, though.

The Factory Story really ought to make some Morays; it's just a Stingray with a nose spacer so they could totally run some www mold Morays and put that old wack DX stamp on them. $$$.

What was the question again?

Now talk about the Piranha…

Now talk about the Piranha…
If that putt on seven in the final 9 at Worlds in '07 doesn't spit, we would have Markus Källström signature Piranhas.

That still didn't get this thread back on topic, but it was at least about a pro disc golfer. :\

*recognizes more names from '07 Worlds than '21 Worlds*.

McBeth to Whammo? How many Frisbees would it take?

Back on topic.

Destroyer approved 2007
Avery Jenkins signature stamp 2010 (2 line)
Vulcan approved 2010
TeeDevil approved 2011 (Destrulcan)
Scorpius approved 2012
Avery Jenkins signature stamp 2013 (3 line)
Paul McBeth signature stamp 2016
DD3 approved 2018/2019
Emperor approved 2019
Wysocki Raptor stamp 2019
Wysocki Robot stamp 2020
Wysocki Plain Signature stamp 2020

innovadiscs.com/team-news/passing-the-torch/
https://sites.google.com/view/dischistory/the-innova-destroyer

Probably some input from each player when they get the signature on the disc/new stamp. Some variation in the mold pieces/processes & plastic blends for the Destroyer may have occurred at each point for intentional or unintentional reasons.

From what I have been told, there are 2 main ways to make a disc more stable outside of changing the entire mold. Assuming Innova didn't mess with the actual mold, then that leaves 2 ways Innova made the Destroyers extra stable for Paul's run. The first way would be to flatten the disc. IIRC they can do this without changing the mold, I believe it is a matter of leaving the disc in the machine for a longer period of time after the injection and cooling process? Perhaps someone could chime in who knows more.

The second way is the plastic. Stiffer plastic, especially in the star line, tends to run more stable as a rule of thumb. So they absolutely can tinker with the plastic ingredients of whatever they are running to increase the discs stability. This is easy to see if you compare the early Ricky star destroyers with the raptor robot stamp that were softer and had blizzard bubbles in them and they were much more understable, versus the stock stamp Ricky destroyers that are more stiffer.

So from what I've seen I don't think there is any real change in the mold from the older destroyers to the new ones. I just think the older ones tended to be more domey and not as stiff and thus had a touch more glide and turn to them, as opposed to the McBeth 4x ones that were pancake flat and stiff.

Why so cheap?

Steak Tattar would be of much higher quality.

Oh no, if she plays several events in the US next season just a matter of time before Koeling throws out, "she put a little extra Tattar sauce on that shot."