• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2022 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

I have a strange feeling Cat will sign with Discraft. According to her instagram, she was in Detroit on Thanksgiving with people high up at the company.

I have a strange feeling Cat will sign with Discraft. According to her instagram, she was in Detroit on Thanksgiving with people high up at the company.

What's the vibe on FPO? Will Paige and Missy and Hailey be like, 'sweet, Catrina's on the team!" Or will it be more like two girls wearing the exact same prom dress? I honestly don't know.

When is a sunglass strap company going to sponsor Matty O?

Why would they? I feel like most companies that make sunglasses straps make the sunglasses too. He's making them bank.

Roll tide!!

Last edited:

If we also take into acount a few very early congrats from players like Brody, Hannah McBeth and Vanessa van Dyken (who went from Prodigy to Discraft) and also an early post from Jeff Korns (Discraft Tour Manager) being happy for her and writing he can't wait for her next announcement plus that I couldn't find any congrats from any known DD/Trilogy people, it seems to suggest she's going to Discraft and not DD.

If we take Hailey Kings "thanks for these 5 years"-post into account plus I've read that it has been whispers earlier that Hailey will leave Discraft and put all this together I would lean towards Hailey being DD:s Monday FPO player and Cat going to Discraft.

People actually care about this?

Do what companies the pros play for actually affect the choices of discs that you buy? That's really weird to me.

You'd be surprised. Took me quite a while as a retailer to recognize these trends. Where a pro goes is extremely important to a ton of people. People switch what they throw because their favorite pro moved. Dozens of our customers immediately switched to Discraft when McBeth signed. I had straight up Discraft haters switch to Discraft because of McBeth. None of it makes sense to me personally since I don't care what anyone else throws, but it's huge to a lot of people.

For 7 years, Discraft had a 5-8% sales share at our store. After McBeth switched, Discraft immediately had a 15-20% sales share and, so far, has held. Innova went from 28% share to 19% share in the same timeframe. Destroyer went from #1 (here) for 6 years straight to #12 seller. Pig went from ordering 10 per year to ordering 20 per month. Nova went from ordering 20 per month to 5 per month. Back in the day, Ricky Daggers were 20+ per month. Now I order maybe 10 per year. DD Escape went from 20/month to 20/yr after Paige left.

Every trend that I can find for my store over the past decade can almost always be pointed directly to who a big pro is playing for.

I am a show me guy. Neither has proven much and will need to come over and steal the stage. I hope COVID allows it. King-Pierce-Gannon was a pretty potent triple threat last season. It would be fun to find out.

It's easy to forget about Eveliina because she left the US when the pandemic hit and hasn't came back since, but she was the looking to be the girl to beat in 2020, having won Waco and the skills are there. She putts as good as the top handful of ladies on tour and has both a strong forehand and backhand.

She would have been my pick as the favorite to win worlds in 2020 had the season not ended abruptly.

I dunno how she's played since as the European players are kind of off my radar since they're mostly not here. I think she is still pretty young like 22 or something?

People actually care about this?

Do what companies the pros play for actually affect the choices of discs that you buy? That's really weird to me.

Weird? I thought it was common knowledge that professionals have a huge impact on sporting good sales from their respective sports. Basketball shoe sales, jerseys from all major sports, baseball gloves, hockey sticks, golf clubs, the list is endless.

This proves the saying.

People don't know what they love, they love what they know.

Anyone throwing a disc because a pro does, well we are very different. I understand it happens but why?

I wonder how much this affects newer players vs older players?

I know I never bought a disc in my life because Climo threw it. Or any other pro. I understand fans, but I don't understand imitation just because someone else uses it.

Latest posts